Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at purchasing a set of BST Carbon wheels however 2 well known & respected (in the U.K.) race tuning shops have said the same thing; TYRES SLIDE ROUND ON THE RIMS !
I have searched this site and the net but can't find anyone complaining of this issue. Anyone ?
Thx in advance Ergo

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Have not heard that one before, but sooner or later maybe i can tell you as i put some on my zx6r.

would ask 9er to 10r he might have more feedback

·
Registered
393 Posts
My buddy has them on his R1, Stock wheelbase he ran 9.89, i have never heard him say he thought his tire was spinning on the rim. Thats all i can offer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, MagicMavis sounds like a logical answer, would like to read the Psychobike post if you can find it dreday.
I don't have a high HP Drag bike, but do a lot of slightly frowned upon road racing on tight narrow twisty roads over here :wink: ( Well the majority of guys in our group have Gixers so what else is gonna happen :dontknow: )
Thx Guys

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
THe inside lip of them is not that slipery, it is not polished smooth resin like the front side of the rims, it is just the bare carbon, almost porus. I do not see how it would be any more slipery than any other rim, if they are sliping, I would think it to be a lube issue more than a rim issue. The lube I use for my mounting machine is live a non petroleum based lube, almost like the conscitency of vasaline. Pretty slipery, but once I get the tire over the rim I go back and wipe out the excess lube.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
in the last cycle world, the cbr 1000 drag bike they did an article on has bst's. doubt they'd run them if the tire was slipping that bad.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have had mine on my bike for 3 years now and have been on the dyno many times and have had no issue's with at all , If you can get a set then go for it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That makes my mind up then

Thx 4 the replies, as soon as my engine work is done (Intake race cam-degreed, 0.5 gasket, TRE, full Arata system, pc3 tune up on dyno etc) I will put a set on.
I still believe the reports of slipping are due to either the wrong and/or too much lube.
Thx Guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts