Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been doing some reading, and finally pulled the trigger on these:

07 - 08 ZX6 R ZX6R OEM FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS GOOD PADS STEEL BRAIDED LINES ZX610
07 08 ZX6 R zx6r Front Brake Calipers Good Pads Steel Braided Lines ZX610 | eBay

Good buy? I thought the added steel lines was a nice touch, even though they may not fit the '07 ZX-10r. I figured I'd try them before throwing them back up on ebay and getting ones that would fit. Anyone know if they're a match?

I'm going to go ahead and get some new pads, even though the ad says the ones in there are good. I may use them, we'll see.

Anyway, through my searching/reading, I haven't come across much of anything regarding the rear caliper on the '07 ZX-10r. Is this something I should also replace? If so, what is the best/easiest method? Something of a direct swap would be preferred. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, what brands/types of pads should I be looking to get? Not looking at anything to expensive, just a few good options please. And supposedly the master cylinder needs to go too? Can someone educate me on that?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
Well, you've got a bunch of questions that I'll answer quickly.

Yes, those are the calipers you want. Any Nissin calipers from the 07-13 ZX-6R are the same.

Don't touch the rear caliper. It's purposefully designed to be hard to lock up. Leave it alone. It won't do you any good when the rear wheel is in the air with these new front calipers.

Pads - There's only a couple choices IMO and they're not going to fit your criteria on "cheap". To me that's an oxymoron in regards to the brakes. If you wanted cheap you shouldn't be upgrading to the Nissins. The stock pads are actually quite good. If you get the calipers with the stock pads in good condition, leave them on there. If you want comparable, go with the Versrah SRJL series or the Carbonne Lorainne CL-55. Those pads will run you between $100-$200 for a set. Anything else you put on there is junk and you shouldn't bother. Brakes are important.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sky! I know it's difficult to get cheap and good quality in a product. I'll stick with the OEM since you say they're good to go.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Another good set of pads look at is the EBC HH, i went with these on my gen1 couldnt be happier.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
Another good set of pads look at is the EBC HH, i went with these on my gen1 couldnt be happier.
Frankly, I think those pads absolutely SUCK. They are cheap and they show. The EBC race pads are supposedly very good, but the standard HH pads are junk and worse than the OEM ones. They are noisy, dusty, no initial bite, no feedback, and will fade quickly under heavy use. I specifically would recommend people stay away from those things.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hey Sky sucks you had bad luck with them man because ive had good luck with them over oem.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
Hey Sky sucks you had bad luck with them man because ive had good luck with them over oem.

Happy to hear that. If you're good with them, that's all that masters I guess. Brakes just need to be confidence inspiring.:ayyy:

I would be surprised to hear your thoughts if you tried one of the good sets I mentioned snow though.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
When I did the upgrade I went with the Double H EBC's too, for street use they seemed to do fine. Maybe I thought they were so good because before the upgrade the front brakes absolutely sucked! I plan on swapping for some of the better pads I've read about on this site when I get the bike running again.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Frankly, I think those pads absolutely SUCK. They are cheap and they show. The EBC race pads are supposedly very good, but the standard HH pads are junk and worse than the OEM ones. They are noisy, dusty, no initial bite, no feedback, and will fade quickly under heavy use. I specifically would recommend people stay away from those things.
Aside from that, how do you like them? :heyyou:

I bought Carbone Lorraine XBK5 on the recommendation of... Oh for crying out loud, I can't remember his screen name. Mike who works at Kyle Racing is the guy. Anyway, I dig these pads. They weren't too expensive and work quite nicely for aggressive street duty. I can't speak to track abuse, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For street use the HH pads are ok but for track use they suck terrible initial bite and no power. I have used the Vesrah SRJL and RJL both pads work great but wore out very quickly with track day use. I have been using Brembo calipers with Galfer 1375 pads on their superbike rotors on my Gen 1 and that combo works great. I would recommend that you get a Brembo Master off a late model R1. 07 or later. That will make a huge difference in power and feel over stock. I'm using the R1 Brembo master on my Gen 4 with stock pads and the brakes are amazing way better than the stock nissan that was on there.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Even though these are my first set of pads I would have to agree about no initial bite, dust and low speed squeaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts