Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on something with my brother. Please click on the link to take this 20 second survey. The three quotes below are in this survey. Thanks

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/angermanagement

Anger Management

Anger damages the brain
and hurts the heart,
while peace sharpens your mind
and calms your soul.

Avoid anger at all cost
to enjoy a long and
prosperous life.

================================
Anger Management

While anger damages the brain
and hurts the heart,
peace sharpens your mind
and calms your soul.

Avoid anger at all cost,
and you will enjoy a long and
prosperous life.

==============================
Anger Management

Anger poisons the mind,
while peace nurtures the soul.
To enjoy a long and prosperous life,
let peace enter your heart.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading that made me angry.
So you read and did not comprehend:thumbsup:

Thanks all...

This was one place the link was placed...

We have enough feedback to go to print...

#2 was the most popular and my original choice...

It's not what I think it's what the people want...

Thanks again!

So all that participated you enflucended our business... your vote counted.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
They are all grossly oversimplified and pretty none of them qualifies as an "anger management advice".

·
Registered
358 Posts
So you read and did not comprehend:thumbsup:

Thanks all...

This was one place the link was placed...

We have enough feedback to go to print...

#2 was the most popular and my original choice...

It's not what I think it's what the people want...

Thanks again!

So all that participated you enflucended our business... your vote counted.
No I just wanted to write something witty and that's all I could come up with at that time. :dontknow: I actually did not read past the title. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I would have to say that the second one makes to the most sense to me. Being calm and peaceful may not get you prosperity but you may enjoy what you have more.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
What do you suggest?
To be honest? Unless you have the knowledge to help people with emotional or behavioral problems, refrain from doing it. I'm speaking from my own experience here---I've been "helped" by people whom I trusted and that only added to the problem.

Overall this is something we can all agree on---that peace is good and anger has a potential to destroy, but "avoid anger at all cost" can cause a lot more harm than good. Proper dealing with anger issues would involve the details of one's experiences and beliefs and therefore is an individualized process and cannot be summarized in one sentence.

Maybe I've come across as a bit harsh, but this is not a topic that I treat lightly.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Oh man I went off on my boss today all of this anger bottled up let loose today :/

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I went with 2 too. But i didn't take it quite as serious as some of y'all. I didn't really think vr was offering this as anger mgmnt treatment. I thought you must write fortune cookie messages for a living and needed some ideas is all. lol

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
done wierdo.

LL Cool J... there is no shame in success...

The whole story behind the quote is to complicated to explain. My brother and I are trying to help out another family memeber.

The original quote was horrible... my brother who is an english teacher by profession. Tried his best to use the original words and make sense of the "Words of Wisdom" as I call it.

It's not intended as any kind of advice or anything... I was just trying to prove which one "sounds" the best. #2 was my choice and it got 64% of the votes through the survey that was placed in a number of sites...

I told my brother I would get some love from the board and some jabs too... But the greater good was getting the most popular quote identified with an unbiased opinion...

Thanks to all again who participated...

Only thing strange about me is I pretend to be on my bike when I am "driving" to work:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts