Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Angeles Crest Highway

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  -Op- 
#1 ·
Forgot to post this up last weekend. :helmet:

I went up Angeles Crest from the 210 freeway to Newcombs Ranch Restaurant Sunday afternoon, around noonish with some friends. I rode and they took their cars.

THERE WERE A LOT OF COPS!! I just wanted to warn anyone who plans to ride that rode. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. I went 2 weeks before and didnt see one cop. When I went last weekend, I saw 6 speed traps at least. There were at least 2 vehicles at each trap. Thats 12 cops there. That doesnt include the ones actually driving the route.

Be careful if you go!

#3 ·
sorry bloo. im still gettin the hang of where everything should be posted. i remembered seeing a post about angeles crest in gen discussion so i thought that was the place

#4 ·
Not everything gets caught it's just that this is your second time in 2 days now a thread being moved. :lol:

Don't worry about the others but here is a good link to review. :lol:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

j/m though enjoy. :eek:ccasion1

#5 ·
-Op do you know how things have been during the week? i remember when LEO got bad up there before most of the weekenders switched to Wed rides. i heading up there on monday, so i hope it is ok. how is the road now?

#6 ·
I have not been up there other than Sunday. I couldnt tell you what the LEO situation will look like, but the roads are AWESOOOOOME!!! Pretty smooth and not really dirty. A couple corners have crap in the road, but it is like 99% clean, clear and GREAT roads to ride on. Theyre supposed to be repaving the back side past Mt.Wilson and all too, so watch out for the construction site.

#7 ·
I was thinking about posting about this. After someone posted video on ACH few weeks ago of crossing over to the other lane and almost hitting on comming cars, etc, LE got a hold of it and it was all over the news, LE ended up thwarting motorcyclest for anything they could. Dunno if it was NBC or ABC news that covered it. So it'll be hot there for a few weeks maybe even months. There are however a lot of way nicer canyons to hit.

#8 ·
For where I am, its pretty much PERFECT. I ride to there and it takes 20 minutes tops to get to the exit. I really like the road too, so thats a big plus.

Problem is that people did dumb things and have ruined it for the rest of us nd now we cant play. Thats what sucks. It is very HOT with LE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.