Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going for a sunday ride up the angeles crest highway just outside LA. wondering if any locals want to go for a shred. i dont know anybody that rides and have never ridden a canyon with anybody else so i thought i would shoot it out there to see if anybody is up for a ride if you want to go shoot me a text Jonny 3103393164:dontknow::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
might be down for this. will let you know later. planning to go drag racing on thursday at irwindale if you want to come.

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
rain up here today but good weather for Sun. Should be good for you guys. Cept you may have a bunch of traffic.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good lookin out man thanks. im sure you know traffic is usual especially on a sunday.

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
good lookin out man thanks. im sure you know traffic is usual especially on a sunday.
On my empty loop often weekends are fairly empty except occasionally will get more distance bicycle guys (which are NEVER a problem cause, 1, they are great and know what to do, and 2) they'll the only ones that may notice me if I bin down a cliff!) but sometimes will catch a harley club (they're good, if not noob, just wave ya past), or on coming club of either corvettes or Porsche's, and these guys are great. Just screers me a little as so many in the club on the one lane road.

sf bay area traffic is mostly confined to the slab. Not as many live up here compared to down there. LOT less bikes here, too, compared with LA area.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool i ridden that road once but i had a great time. i am still a noob but im learning so a little traffic is no bother for me. its not like im going to be hauling ass i still need to get comfortable turning both directions hahaha ( just joking lol im not that bad) i think the 15 years of bmx riding helps me to know how to handle the scooter, anyway enough ramblin. thanks for the input bro.

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
Good. Less traffic is great. I never ride hard on any twisty loop until I learn it well, and watch carefully after any weather for gravel and whatever. I can share that this g4 was no prob transitioning from the last bike, but I ran the last bike 114,000 miles on the SAME 155 mile twistie loop. So, I know the loop well. First thing I noticed was how much BETTER the g4 handled compared to anything I used for asphalt in the past! Like a 600 on steroids! You'll see what I'm taking about, for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts