Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You shouldn't have too many problems with a good sport touring line as long as you understand their lower limits. In fact, the Ron Haslam Race School in the U.K. used the Bridgestone Battlax T30 series sport touring tires exclusively on their fleet of track bikes (some type of CBR if I recall). They still performed well on the track and lasted a lot longer. I remember this because I used this as justification to try out Bridgestone T31s prior to my current S22s. Actually what started me considering the T31 was a gonzo local rider that had T30s on his Ninja. When I questioned his tire choice he said "I drag knee with these all the time".

My T31s lasted longer than the S21s, S20s, BT-019s, BT-016s that I ran prior and I didn't notice much of a difference. That being said, I don't ride the limit even on weekends but I will take it to 75% and my chicken strips are pretty narrow (not that chicken strips are a real barometer).

I probably would've bought T32s instead of S22s except my office permanently went to a stay at home business model for COVID and I don't need a longer lasting tire anymore.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts