Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Indiana mostly flat long roads so I have wore out my rs10's in the center. I have someone that has a brand new set of Pirelli Angel gt's but they are A spec tires is there and issue running these will it affect the bike in a bad way says they have 2 ply carcus thought maybe better wear. It is a 2019.

·
Registered
Gen3
344 Posts
Sports touring tires it is, different tire have different handling characters. Better cold and wet grip, but not as good in hot.

·
The Pace
7,315 Posts
Sports touring tires it is, different tire have different handling characters. Better cold and wet grip, but not as good in hot.
Angels, Pirelli, bult for heavier tour bikes, as Alex said. rs 10's do wear fast in twists. The metz m7 are best overall for twists and about everything, just kinda have a tractor tire look; but you'll get use to that look as you watch increased mileage. Since you're going through rs 10's fast, Angels may cause a tricky problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I live in Indiana mostly flat long roads so I have wore out my rs10's in the center. I have someone that has a brand new set of Pirelli Angel gt's but they are A spec tires is there and issue running these will it affect the bike in a bad way says they have 2 ply carcus thought maybe better wear. It is a 2019.
I used to run sport touring tires on my bike, but they're not as grippy, caused me to crash, lost the front tire one time in a corner. I think S22 are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You shouldn't have too many problems with a good sport touring line as long as you understand their lower limits. In fact, the Ron Haslam Race School in the U.K. used the Bridgestone Battlax T30 series sport touring tires exclusively on their fleet of track bikes (some type of CBR if I recall). They still performed well on the track and lasted a lot longer. I remember this because I used this as justification to try out Bridgestone T31s prior to my current S22s. Actually what started me considering the T31 was a gonzo local rider that had T30s on his Ninja. When I questioned his tire choice he said "I drag knee with these all the time".

My T31s lasted longer than the S21s, S20s, BT-019s, BT-016s that I ran prior and I didn't notice much of a difference. That being said, I don't ride the limit even on weekends but I will take it to 75% and my chicken strips are pretty narrow (not that chicken strips are a real barometer).

I probably would've bought T32s instead of S22s except my office permanently went to a stay at home business model for COVID and I don't need a longer lasting tire anymore.

·
Registered
2017 ZX6R KRT Edition (no longer), 2022 ZX10R and KRT Edition (daily)
9 Posts
I’m currently running Road 6 CT on my 22. I ran the Road 5 CT on my 17 636, and the TE31, S21, Angel GT, and a donlop…while I agree I’m super hot conditions the touring factor shows but only under heavy abuse on slick surfaces.
I do clutch ups all the time, but the dusty cement ramps out here in the desert often let it spin in first.
Grip and handling is better on the Road than the GT, life is the same if not a bit better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts