Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Android OS or Apple iOS?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having been a diehard apple iphone guy since the original, jailbreaking it and such since ios2.1 to 5.1.1, i spent a few moments w my s3 last month and was immediatly impressed with its smoothness, response and features let alone that the android os was everything and then some that i tried making out of my jailbroken iphone's. overall the s3 is awesome but aside from the phone the ice cream sandwich (soon to be upgraded to jelly bean) is a great operating system to show of its navigation, s voice, nfc. flexibility and so much more.

android pros: user flexibility,all around customization, open source, phones come out more often than apple,

android cons: lack of quality games on the market, may require a learning curve due to its broad amount of features,

apple pros: secure and simple, theres a lot of apps, siri

apple cons: to secure, "theme" is boring, lacks options, navigation,

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Love android I have the first driod x its two years old and its still awsome but I was thinkin bout getting the s3 too, I need ( want ) the 4g.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love android I have the first driod x its two years old and its still awsome but I was thinkin bout getting the s3 too, I need ( want ) the 4g.
the 4g is great i clocked 23mbps before

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Love my iphone. Dont care for all the "customization" or anything. Never even change my ringtone or background pictures or anything, so the iphone is everything i ever need and soooooo simple to use. It is the most user friendly phone on the planet, and i love that about it. And the fact that the iphone APP store has EVERYTHING on it!

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Its all about personal preference. I love the iOS and Mac OSX software. I use iTunes like its going out of style lol. I have movies, tv shows, and a ton of music so iTunes is apart of my life. Also i love the responsiveness of the iphones screen. Not to mention i have an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPod, iPad 3, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, and iPhone 5 on the way lol. So stayin with iphone is ideal for me, plus im going to college for my degree in app development and love having great iOS games.

On the other hand, i have had about 6 droid phones and loved it, but its not ideal for me.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
App dev college degree; I was jusy talking to a buddy the other day expressing how thats the future

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've been enjoying Android since the beginning. However, I feel that the iOS is a great OS. Both have their place and as said above, it really boils down to personal preference.

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 and love everything about it. In fact, some of my colleagues/friends have thought about switching when they started messing with it. Yes, even after the iPhone 5 release. They're on the fence right now.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Killa, your cashing in while the market is hot.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is about preference but the apple crowd always brags "theres an app for that" then theytell android users that they don't need all our features when later down the road the next ios tries to replicate such tweaks that android or cydia devs pioneered....AND TO TOP THAT OFFof all their patents they sue the living hell out of samsung when if it werent for samsung or other companies apple crawled over they wouldn't be where they're at today....
I've been enjoying Android since the beginning. However, I feel that the iOS is a great OS. Both have their place and as said above, it really boils down to personal preference.

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 and love everything about it. In fact, some of my colleagues/friends have thought about switching when they started messing with it. Yes, even after the iPhone 5 release. They're on the fence right now.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It is about preference but the apple crowd always brags "theres an app for that" then theytell android users that they don't need all our features when later down the road the next ios tries to replicate such tweaks that android or cydia devs pioneered....AND TO TOP THAT OFFof all their patents they sue the living hell out of samsung when if it werent for samsung or other companies apple crawled over they wouldn't be where they're at today....
Never been a huge fan of apple but when they pulled that shit it was the icing on the cake for me. I was considering an iphone until that. I feel like you get so much less for your money with apple, of course phones are all fairly close in pricing. The Iphone has some cool stuff but I feel like android is where it's at.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're selfish dicks. I hope their Chinese slaves over at foxcon burn theirplace down

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how many people have crossed over from crApple?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I seriously considered an iPhone but stuck with DROID when i got my RAZR maxx, im still on the fence about Motorola's gui tho, i liked my evo before i was "fired" from sprint

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
This is another HUGE reason i will continue to stick with apple.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/24/authentec-said-to-cut-off-non-apple-fingerprint-sensor-customers-in-2013/

They are the top dogs, and they will do whatever they can to stay there, (Just like ATT trying to acquire T-Mobile until the Gov said no, and any other HUGE company IE: Google) And Apple is too smart and knows that by buying up all of the smaller companies with awesome patents they can control the market. Apple will always be on top because of this reason. Android users will never have this because they are all smaller companies that can't afford to do this.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is another HUGE reason i will continue to stick with apple.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/24/authentec-said-to-cut-off-non-apple-fingerprint-sensor-customers-in-2013/

They are the top dogs, and they will do whatever they can to stay there, (Just like ATT trying to acquire T-Mobile until the Gov said no, and any other HUGE company IE: Google) And Apple is too smart and knows that by buying up all of the smaller companies with awesome patents they can control the market. Apple will always be on top because of this reason. Android users will never have this because they are all smaller companies that can't afford to do this.
all the more reason to hate apple. lets not innovate, lets just outspend our competition so that we can cripple the market and progress.

i remember when apple was the little guy fighting draconian microsoft. now apple is the biggest bastard of all.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
all the more reason to hate apple. lets not innovate, lets just outspend our competition so that we can cripple the market and progress.

i remember when apple was the little guy fighting draconian microsoft. now apple is the biggest bastard of all.
With some of the best products on the market......

And this is not a "lets crap on apple thread" its a which operating system is better. And with the moves that apple is pulling, buy making it so that only their phones get the cool stuff, and the fact that almost every app developer puts their apps on the iphone market, then MIGHT go to the android market is good enough reason for me to stick with IOS. Let alone how easy and smooth the operating system is.

·
Registered
578 Posts
With some of the best products on the market......

And this is not a "lets crap on apple thread" its a which operating system is better. And with the moves that apple is pulling, buy making it so that only their phones get the cool stuff, and the fact that almost every app developer puts their apps on the iphone market, then MIGHT go to the android market is good enough reason for me to stick with IOS. Let alone how easy and smooth the operating system is.
The OP didn't specify what he was asking. Just apple or android. Personally I don't like apple so my choice is android. :mrgreen: Although admittedly the IOS is a smooth operating system, I still prefer android though (probably because I'm more familiar with it but meh).

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Apple FTW.. Nothing came close for a a fucking phone. Samsung is getting sued like no tomorrow!
So there will be appeals etc and Samsung is sueing Apple not sure what that adds here. :dontknow:

bloo

1 - 20 of 30 Posts