Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just joined and thought I quickly give you my story......
I'm living in London UK.
I picked up my brand new zx10-r last thursday £2k of list price, lovely. rode it back from swindon to london, what a kick arse bike I thought to myself. I took tke long way coz I wanted to run it in a little 150 miles later I get pulled by the police. I was going a little fast (oops) but I had a good chat with them and they told me that it was my lucky day, and I was on my way....
On monday I took it out for a wee little spin around town (please note this bike is now 5 days old and has done 307 miles) when some silly binge overtook the car behind me (30mph limit, not a one way street) on hit me right on the side as I was turning right(all of the r/h side is scratched). called the police (well the fire man did, as this occoured right by a firebrigade) a witness stopped straight away (the fella she overtook) She didn't have any documents on her, and I haven't heard from her, So I'll just leave it with the solicitors, and I'll screw her proper. I just hope she has insurance.
The nice mechanic picked up the bike today, (he even asked me if I wanted OE stuff on there or if I wanted an akrapovic can) hopefully I sh

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will be better than new when you get it back. Oh yeah :welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gpz1100 said:
:welcome:

Hope the authorities can find this person!
We know the person as she stoped, the question is weather she is insured or not. But I do have her home address, and a good 9iron, if the worst comes to the worst.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Tino said:
We know the person as she stoped, the question is weather she is insured or not. But I do have her home address, and a good 9iron, if the worst comes to the worst.

Thats what i'm talking about. Don't just use the 9 iron. use them all. Let us know what happen.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear about that. Its just no fun to have a new toy and not be able to enjoy it. I had an issue with mine when we first got it and had to put it in the shop for about 5 days total. Well I hope its fixed better than before, go for the aftermarket.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I know you're probably joking about that, but, in case you're not, think before you act bro.

I had a lady (who'd clearly been drinking) sideswipe my (new 2 day old) car when she didn't follow a "jog" in our two lanes. She failed to stop (or even acknowledge she'd hit me) so I followed her to her home, confronted her, and proceeded to call the police. The police made me leave her house and come to the station. Once there, an officer accompanied me back to her house, where he inspected her vehicle and mine, took statements from both parties, and let it drop COMPLETELY after that. Because we both left the scene of the accident they would not file a report. Because she had been home for a few minutes, he could not administer a sobriety test. So I got screwed!!!

The point is, I wanted to cause her ass SOO much damage!! But to do it quickly, leave me as a suspicious character (clear motive for vandalism). And once I waited a while, I didn't feel like incurring the criminal risk nor charma over something that turned out to be fairly petty.

That said, I know exactly how you feel, and I'm still wishing there will be separate roads for motorcycles some day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts