Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of getting some 10/40 amsoil is it any good,seems pricey!they seem to think they sell the best oil on the planet?(there website)im in uk and never heard of it..:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I've used it since my switch to synthetic and it still comes out looking like it did when it went in. I'm actually switching though to motul 7100 cause a buddy of mine who's a chemist did a test and found the motul to be a better product. Got nothing bad to say about amsoil but this dude knows his $&@t.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've used it since my switch to synthetic and it still comes out looking like it did when it went in. I'm actually switching though to motul 7100 cause a buddy of mine who's a chemist did a test and found the motul to be a better product. Got nothing bad to say about amsoil but this dude knows his $&@t.
lol!no s*@t thats what i put in my 10 2000 miles ago!!maybe stick to it then?7100 is a cheaper full synthetic from motul.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I use it and have no problems with it.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Yeah I would stick to it, he said something about it not breaking down as easy(in words I couldn't understand though) all in all he said it's a better oil. I am taking his word for it but he's one smart sum bich

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
It's all I've used for a very long time. Believe they invented synthetic oil, not sure though.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Past 2 oil changes have been amsoil. Neighbor across the street uses it and he has 30K hard miles on his harley. Any oil is probably just as good for a daily street machine but spending more now in oil gives me peace of mind down the road. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
These are the top 2 motorcycle oils in the buisness.

There used to be a really good bearing friction test video on the net.
Not sure if Motul was in the vid or not, but Amsoil did fantastic. I'll
see if I can find that vid. It's worth watching

1 - 11 of 11 Posts