Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys when I got my bike the guy had been running repsol full synthetic oil and a high flo filter. I need to do an oil change asap and my buddy is an amsoil dealer so I can get it at cost should I go with it or is it junk, and does it matter what filter I use thanks:iamwithst

·
Registered
197 Posts
I 've been running it my 04 and haven't had any problems. 16K on the clock at the moment. Change it once a year with the filter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Full syn. 10w40 & oem filter.
There is a article on the site somewhere that tested filters and I think the purilator was THE winner or rated the best but haven't found suppliers locally.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys i think I'll try that out and just my buddy his web site is www.mcphailsynthetics.com you guys should try him out he will give you the best deals just mention me if you have any trouble pm me spread the world thanks again:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yup AMSOIL for me and I got a AMSOIL filter also, the stuff is great shifts like butter when I put it in about 2900 miles ago and it still shifts like butter.... whats nice about the oil is you can go double the miles of other oil, but mine will prob be changed soon LOL... in the next few months..

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I run it also and love it, no problems here. I use purolator pure one oil filter.

·
Registered
499 Posts
yup AMSOIL for me and I got a AMSOIL filter also, the stuff is great shifts like butter when I put it in about 2900 miles ago and it still shifts like butter.... whats nice about the oil is you can go double the miles of other oil, but mine will prob be changed soon LOL... in the next few months..
:+1: on the Amsoil oil AND filter!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks guys i think I'll try that out and just my buddy his web site is www.mcphailsynthetics.com you guys should try him out he will give you the best deals just mention me if you have any trouble pm me spread the world thanks again:eek:ccasion1
I may do that thanks.

I seen a friction test with a few different oils a few years ago. I remember
Mobil 1 (which I was running) didn't do so well. Amsoil did really well FWIW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts