Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Well, we finally started carrying Amsoil in the shop so that and the Pure one filter is set for my next oil change. I will finally be going to synthetic after 11000 miles on the clock.

Tread

·
Registered
603 Posts
Amsoil is good stuff no doubt... I really don't think you can notice a difference as far as how fast your motor spins up though. I agree with above, placebo effect! :wink:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Lawdog78 said:
Amsoil is good stuff no doubt... I really don't think you can notice a difference as far as how fast your motor spins up though. I agree with above, placebo effect! :wink:
:+2:

I have used it before. The guy at the dealer kept telling me I will have to readjust my idle, it will run 20 degrees cooler...etc. I knew he was full of it and honestly I couldnt tell any difference from mobile1 or redline. It surely didnt rev any faster.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
zuluxray10romeo said:
I switched to Mobil 1 MX4T and my bike now makes 300 hp at the rear wheel!
:lol:...pretty good numbers there. I tried some extra virgin olive oil at my last oil change and I can tell quite a difference.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i've been using that oil and the pure one filter for a long time, use the same brands in the both cars.

honestly, i noticed immediately in the bike that it seemed a bit quicker, like the motul was holding it back some.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you know some of you just think, "Oh, no one knows more about everything than me." I'm just telling you guys as I see it. Figured someone might find it helpful. Plecebo my ass... No one told me that the oil would do anything, but the first thing i noticed was how much quicker the engine reved. Its not like im saying I gained 10hp. If I gained any it would be worth it though, but I did notice a diff.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts