Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=124569

NBC up to their usual low standards. Any bets how many episodes it'll run? And who will be "The Stig"?
I would think it needs to be on speed or lower channel, but like the Idea of a Top Gear in the US.....those Brits liked to cheat when they raced bikes against Cars and American vs. Foreign cars....so lets get the other side of the story from an American point of view. :lol::thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would think it needs to be on speed or lower channel, but like the Idea of a Top Gear in the US.....those Brits liked to cheat when they raced bikes against Cars and American vs. Foreign cars....so lets get the other side of the story from an American point of view. :lol::thumbsup:
but we all know american cars dont go round corners :headshake

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
but we all know american cars dont go round corners :headshake

yeah, I learned that by the show Top Gear :rolleyes:...as mostly likely you did as well :wink:

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
shhhh :lol:
just backing my American Cars and the Jap bikes need no backing :lol:....but did live in England for 2 years and love their passion for Bikes and Cars :thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
this is my fave car they have reviewed, ascari a10

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
this is my fave car they have reviewed, ascari a10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7dqM2tBMLg

:lol:...the 0-60 is still slower than a 1986VRF Interceptor with 85hp to the rear wheel so why state that stat? :dontknow:

The over 200mph was impressive but looks like it still will get spanked some American cars in the Corners and most bikes in a few seconds of high speed runs.:wink: Nice video though and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
no bike can corner as fast as a good supercar :(, sad fact, it's just not possible

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
no bike can corner as fast as a good supercar :(, sad fact, it's just not possible
true, 4 wheels are better than 2 but most Cars don't have the power to weight ratio to get to the next corner faster :wink:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
This would be pretty cool news for anyone that's never seen Top Gear. But I'm sure whatever we get, it will suck in comparison.

Maybe the Brits will loan the American version of the Stig to this show. Ya know the obese guy they use when testing in the States. :lol:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
This would be pretty cool news for anyone that's never seen Top Gear. But I'm sure whatever we get, it will suck in comparison.

Maybe the Brits will loan the American version of the Stig to this show. Ya know the obese guy they use when testing in the States. :lol:
Ha the moroso stig.

I'll stick with BBC America. Maybe with leno it would be okay, but it would be hard to match the original.

I loved how in the visit to the U.S. they were in some of the worst Miami areas and had NO problems, but almost got killed in Alabama for having stupid things written on the cars.

Bubba and the boys chasing them to learn 'em how to act in a "small hick town." as stated by the classy lady telling them to leave the gas station.

·
Registered
511 Posts

i have to agree completly. Half of what makes the show fun is the british jokes and manorisms

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
yea an american version would be lame. leno would be a great host, but compared to clarkson, the show isnt gonna be great. and this whole "american cars cant go round corners", i dont know where that came from. everybody knows they turn left like no body's business.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
yea an american version would be lame. leno would be a great host, but compared to clarkson, the show isnt gonna be great. and this whole "american cars cant go round corners", i dont know where that came from. everybody knows they turn left like no body's business.
:spit: :crackup:

+1 on Leno. He has a good personality.

And I am sure that I'll give it an episode or two before I stop....

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts