Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

American Honda pulls out of AMA Pro Superbike Racing

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  wicked 
#1 ·
#5 ·
bye bye American road racing. Ben will be the last one to make it big representing the USA on the world stage.

#12 ·
I don't think that will be the case ... I just think the route to stardom will be a different one that either (A) doesn't include DMG/AMA or (B) includes a DMG/AMA that has come to its senses after realizing that *everyone* has pulled out and that they *can't* just act like dictators that pander to their sponsors and partners (Buell).

I still think this may turn into an opportunity that WERA would do well to take advantage of.

#6 ·
I think all of the talent we have in the States are getting the shaft! There is some real talent, but now there is no where for it to really show... unless they can hop over to Europe during racing season. I get pissed everytime I watch a supersport race! What IDIOT made the new rules?? it's now like watching a nascar race with bikes! Pertty soon, they'll have them racing with left turns only to attract the nascar fan base!
OH, and another question I have: Why the F&$K is a 1200cc Buell allowed too race with the 600s and the Ducati 1198cc bike runs where it's supposed to be? I just can't seem to figure that one out! I am no longer a fan of any AMA road racing!!!

#7 ·
YESSSSSS! I love it. Cuz now as all the OEM's leave it will (hopefully) force these assholes (dmg) to go financially bankrupt, shut down, and sell it off. Or just give up and reliniquish their ownership rights to a more deserving, enthusiastic, American "motorcycle" racing organization.

Come on down Kawi, Yami, Suz. Let's finish these bastards off, once and for all.

#8 ·
probably not, they will get financing from nascar and harley davidson and just run the oval track before every nascar event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.