Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
The beginning of the end? I don't know anyone who WAS a fan of AMA SBK that still IS a fan of AMA SBK...

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Regrettably the current AMA/DMG racing environment does not align with our company goals

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bye bye American road racing. Ben will be the last one to make it big representing the USA on the world stage.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think all of the talent we have in the States are getting the shaft! There is some real talent, but now there is no where for it to really show... unless they can hop over to Europe during racing season. I get pissed everytime I watch a supersport race! What IDIOT made the new rules?? it's now like watching a nascar race with bikes! Pertty soon, they'll have them racing with left turns only to attract the nascar fan base!
OH, and another question I have: Why the F&$K is a 1200cc Buell allowed too race with the 600s and the Ducati 1198cc bike runs where it's supposed to be? I just can't seem to figure that one out! I am no longer a fan of any AMA road racing!!!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
YESSSSSS! I love it. Cuz now as all the OEM's leave it will (hopefully) force these assholes (dmg) to go financially bankrupt, shut down, and sell it off. Or just give up and reliniquish their ownership rights to a more deserving, enthusiastic, American "motorcycle" racing organization.

Come on down Kawi, Yami, Suz. Let's finish these bastards off, once and for all.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
YESSSSSS! I love it. Cuz now as all the OEM's leave it will (hopefully) force these assholes (dmg) to go financially bankrupt, shut down, and sell it off. Or just give up and reliniquish their ownership rights to a more deserving, enthusiastic, American "motorcycle" racing organization.

Come on down Kawi, Yami, Suz. Let's finish these bastards off, once and for all.
probably not, they will get financing from nascar and harley davidson and just run the oval track before every nascar event.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
probably not, they will get financing from nascar and harley davidson and just run the oval track before every nascar event.
Yeah, but if there is no manufacturers to run the races, where are they gonna get the bikes from? The disappearance of OEM money would be a huge loss for them. They will fold (fingers crossed).

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
bye bye American road racing. Ben will be the last one to make it big representing the USA on the world stage.
I don't think that will be the case ... I just think the route to stardom will be a different one that either (A) doesn't include DMG/AMA or (B) includes a DMG/AMA that has come to its senses after realizing that *everyone* has pulled out and that they *can't* just act like dictators that pander to their sponsors and partners (Buell).

I still think this may turn into an opportunity that WERA would do well to take advantage of.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
I don't think that will be the case ... I just think the route to stardom will be a different one that either (A) doesn't include DMG/AMA or (B) includes a DMG/AMA that has come to its senses after realizing that *everyone* has pulled out and that they *can't* just act like dictators that pander to their sponsors and partners (Buell).

I still think this may turn into an opportunity that WERA would do well to take advantage of.
i agree 100%...if ever WERA were going to make a move, now is the time...EVERYONE i know who is into roadracing is seriously disgruntled with NASBIKE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts