Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else head up to Americade this past week? Heather and I headed up Tuesday afternoon - trailered the bikes up from CT. Lake George is within a couple of hundred miles from us - doable on the bikes - but with rain forcasted and packing for a week, it's easier to put the bikes on a trailer and all the crap in the Explorer.

Well, we had plans to stay through today (Saturday) or tomorrow, but it rained most of the time we were up there. We packed up and headed back last night. At least we put a hundred miles on the bikes today locally.

We are also ROK members, so got to see a bunch of Kawi and ROK people that we know and hang out in the hospitality tent. This is worth the ROK membership alone. Huge kudos to the Kawasaki gang up there - Christine, Gray, Brian, Channing, and everyone else. What a great group of people.

We did manage to get a couple of demo rides in while up there. Heather and I each had a stint on the zx6r - I managed a nice 120 mph on the highway without passing the ride leader. Heather managed to bounce the tach needle off the rev limiter (somewhere around 15,000 I think...) :mrgreen: I also took out the Vulcan 2000 and ground the floorboards off at every opportunity. The guy on the 2000 who was behind me with his wife riding pillion asked me is the floor boards on my demo bike were lower than his as he never touched anything down. Nope - they were all at the same height! :crackup:

Heather also managed a wet ride on a Triumph Speed Triple. Not only was she wet when she came beck, but she wasn't that crazy about the abrupt throttle response.

Oh well, it was a wet week - demo rides were being cancelled, we walked around the vendors in the rain, pretty gloomy stuff. Looks like sunshine here tomorrow. Time to ride!

Anyone else go up? Let me know.

Dennis

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Bueller? I did see (and respond) to a post about someone demo'ing a zx14. Anyone else make it up to soggy Americade?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was there Friday and Saturday. Took us about 3 hours from Syracuse, but we took back roads. Remarkably, we avoided rain on the ride, but coming back was harsh. Unbelievable wind and cold! Plus I was pretty hung over :headshake I spent Friday night drinking with some state troopers! All in all I had a good time. It would have been better if more people were there. Gotta love upstate NY weather. I was going to take pictures and post them up here, but there really wasn't anything worth photographing. I'll be back next year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts