Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how I plan to race my bike this summer.. Stock wheel base just strapped / Lowered.. Only have -1 front sprocket, 1/5 throttle mod, BMC race filter, and a Micron slip on.. Is it better strap the front with the forks in their stock place inside the triple tree? Seems like you would compress more suspension by doing it that way. Rather than lowering the forks 2 inches thru the triple tree then strapping them less.. Any tips on something else I can do? Im going to lower the bike so low that I'll probably have to remove the bottom fairing and rear tire hugger fender. I will also probably remove my seat and just lay a small towel over the battery and just sit on that. This guy in the video is amazing. wonder what gearing he has and if his bike has been dyno tuned. Im 6'3 165 lbs. and ran 9.70's consistently on a bone stock 2003 zx12 just lowered/strapped with a two brothers slip on.. and that was it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
swb i wouldnt think his gearing.is too nuts. but hes definately riding the hell out of that bike. espically fo the mods

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
that is normans 1000 supersport bike modded to run 1k supersport in prostar/dragbike. basically blueprinted stk. internals tuned to the teeth. cam degreeing, special valve job, tuning, gearing allowed. no cams, no porting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 that I am going to take out to the track within the next couple of weeks. Any tips or low cost things that I can do to the bike to help me out?

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Yeah I remembering watching that video back in the day. That guy was riding the hell out of that thing!

I have a 2006 that I am going to take out to the track within the next couple of weeks. Any tips or low cost things that I can do to the bike to help me out?
Get a strap and take your seat off, and practice. Thats the cheapest way to go quicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts