1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Kickaho said:
I'm only posting this so you ain't the only guy with posts in this thread :lol:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Back to the topic at hand,

Well thats good that they are telling the whole world what they (AMA) plan to do:rolleyes: ....

Would'nt it be make more sence to not tell anyone so the superbike teams dont have time to fix it.....

Imo, I think they all use some sort of traction control... and if they all use it, well than its fair from the way I look at it........

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I have trouble believing they are all using it in the AMA, but I do agree, BIG TIME, that the AMA made yet another mistake by making it public what they plan to do.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kickaho said:
I'm only posting this so you ain't the only guy with posts in this thread :lol:
Thanks Kickaho! I was thinking nobody really cared..........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
He is just trying to make you feel better

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did anyone watch (and listen) to the video of the Suzuki superbikes at Barber that is linked to from the Soup page?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7395159739247032972

The Suzuki's were missing so noticeably on corner exit that there is no doubt they are cheating by using traction control. I can't believe AMA has allowed this to go on as long as it has. Listen to Tommy Hayden's Kawasaki on the video - no misses, just the engine singing and the tire fighting for grip. I hate to rain on Mladin and Spies parade, but they are nothing but cheats in my book.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I am going to watch them at VIR when they come and see if you can hear a differance.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Kickaho said:
I have trouble believing they are all using it in the AMA, but I do agree, BIG TIME, that the AMA made yet another mistake by making it public what they plan to do.
:iamwithst Nothing like a warning shot....

Why did it take so long for AMA to take action?:dontknow:

·
Registered
97 Posts
The AMA is a joke. Yes, traction control is being used by Yoshimura Suzuki and everyone in the paddock and more know it. Amar Bazazz will sell AMA teams the same set up as Mat uses for $12,000. The AMA is trying to sound like they give a shit by making the recent statements. The fact that they publicly announced they will calim two bikes after this weekend is a warning to Yoshimura to not use it this weekend so they will find nothing,claim everyone is fair and life will go back to usual for the rest of the season (maybe?),meaning, Mat and Ben continue the Suzuki cup. I WISH THE AMA WOULD GET A CLUE!

·
Banned
814 Posts
bman33 said:
I hate to rain on Mladin and Spies parade, but they are nothing but cheats in my book.
i hate to rain on yours, but all of the factory superbikes are cheating.. in some way or another.

·
Banned
814 Posts
ZXTOM said:
Well thats good that they are telling the whole world what they (AMA) plan to do:rolleyes: ....

Would'nt it be make more sence to not tell anyone so the superbike teams dont have time to fix it.....
no.. because the fact of the matter is, the AMA is caught with their pants down. there is no way to police the traction control issue at this point.. they throw this out there and hope to christ that the AMA teams revoke their current systems trying to stay under the radar. it makes the teams self-policing because the AMA cant.

if the AMA teams were smart they'd setup the system to toggle off with their 1 or 2 map, which can be adjusted by remote. when the bike goes by on the cool down lap, you toggle to map 2 turn the TC off, and pass post-race inspection. no one even has to know in tech that you're running two (or more) maps.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
It was very obvious at Fontana. I was sitting at turn 6 and the difference with the the Suzuki factory superbikes had a guy standing next to me telling his kid that the Suzuki's were out of tune because of the sputtering combared to the smooth sound of the kawasaki's....lol....i told him it was the traction control...:headshake

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Abortions Suck said:
i hate to rain on yours, but all of the factory superbikes are cheating.. in some way or another.
:iamwithst

Thats pretty much what I was trying to say.........

At that level there is a limitless budget and so many different things that can be done to those bikes and no one would ever know.......

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
guys.... i hate to say it but there is a shop here in town to build sazuki's "stock" motors for the ama.... been doing it for yeaaaars...

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
I think duckman999 has a valid point ...

If everyone knows that the AMA is going to impound bikes then they're hoping that the affected teams will go back to a non-traction-control system for this weekend. The AMA will find nothing, and life goes on as normal.

Or maybe, the affected teams will leave the bikes alone because they know that whatever's doing the traction control is so buried in the software that they know nobody will find it even if the bike does get impounded.

The no-traction-control rule was unenforceable in Formula 1, and it's just as unenforceable for the AMA now. The AMA might as well do what Formula 1 did, and simply allow traction control because it's unenforceable to prevent it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Did I miss something here? Where is the official AMA press release stating they would impound 2 bikes this weekend? You all know the AMA does nothing w/o a press release. AFAICT this still just a rumor.

·
Banned
814 Posts
this is all i've seen so far:

http://superbikeplanet.com/2006/May/060531-40.htm

Superbikeplanet said:
AMA PRO RACING STATEMENT REGARDING TRACTION CONTROL

PICKERINGTON, Ohio (May 31, 2006) -- The following information is in response to recent media reports regarding the status of traction control rules in AMA Superbike

AMA Pro Racing remains committed to the enforcement of all rules specified in the AMA Superbike Championship Rulebook.

As stated on page 36 of the 2006 rulebook, Telemetry and Traction Control are prohibited (Section E, General Equipment Standards, subsection 23). AMA Pro Racing technical staff will continue to perform routine pre- and post-race technical inspection of selected equipment. Any machine suspected of utilizing prohibited traction control devices is subject to impounding for further technical evaluation at AMA headquarters (Section C, Equipment Offenses and Penalties, subsection 2, page 61.)

AMA Pro Racing also remains committed to the proactive governance of new and emerging technology as it relates to its racing disciplines. The newly formed AMA Racing Standing Committee will evaluate such technology on an ongoing basis and provide strategic counsel to the AMA Board of Directors. Additionally, as part of AMA Pro Racing's new rulesmaking procedures announced in February, all new rules and changes to existing rules will be scrutinized by discipline-specific rulesmaking committees before being forwarded to the AMA Board of Directors for ratification. Any changes to traction control regulations fall under this procedure.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts