·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
:dontknow: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35607

This seems to indicate that there will be flag to flag racing aired.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (February 18, 2009) - AMA Pro Racing and SPEED announced today an innovative and unprecedented new programming format that will see 2009 AMA Pro Road Racing events, highlight coverage of other AMA Pro disciplines and a variety of in-studio and at-event features showcased every Saturday evening in the AMA Pro Prime Time show on America's leading motorsports television channel.

The 26-week run for AMA Pro Prime Time begins March 21, and will air every Saturday night on SPEED at 10 or 11 p.m. ET (7 or 8 p.m. PT), with each program ranging in length from one to three hours depending on weekly content. The programming schedule will feature flag-to-flag coverage of every 2009 AMA Pro American Superbike and AMA Pro Daytona SportBike race, ample coverage of other AMA Pro Road Racing divisions and select exposure of other motorcycle disciplines under the organization's umbrella.

The race programming will be packaged within a studio show that will offer viewers a variety of features, including in-studio guests, expert analysis, breaking news announcements, motorcycle unveilings and much more. Popular SPEED personality Ralph Sheheen will be the in-studio host for AMA Pro Prime Time while the race coverage team will be anchored by host and play-by-play announcer Leigh Diffey, pit reporter Greg White and a to-be-named analyst.
And there is more at the link I posted... I believe it also says that the D200 will be aired live. (I didn't cut and paste that part.)

Chris

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way i interpreted that section was that they are going to show the highlights from the race or maybe skip the "boring" parts. I could be completely wrong though. I hope I am :badteeth:

Sucks that we don't get live coverage for the season. It's gonna be hard not to read the results online beforehand (even some of Speed's shows have a ticker at the bottom giving spoiler results)

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
It says it will show flag-to-flag racing so no worries, i still would rather watch live coverage the day of.............also imo ralph sheheen is a dumbass

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ralph is a dumbass. I am curious to see Speed's interpretation of flag-to-flag racing. I will be very surprised (and happy) if they actually do who entire races

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ralph is a dumbass. I am curious to see Speed's interpretation of flag-to-flag racing. I will be very surprised (and happy) if they actually do who entire races
+1 and why would it come on Saturday night. Thats when most bikers go out for rides :dontknow:

Cheers,

·
Registered
943 Posts
Also are they going to delay the races a week before we can watch them. Come on most of us surf the web daily how are we going to avoid race results. I know I cant sometimes even when I have them DVR'd.

Dumbass idea .....

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Who watches AMA anyway?
I know of two guys that race in the superbike series and I still don't watch it. Don't stress just watch WSBK.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who watches AMA anyway?
I know of two guys that race in the superbike series and I still don't watch it. Don't stress just watch WSBK.
typically i'd agree but i do enjoy the Supersport races and am kinda interested in seeing what effects the new rule changes have on the racing this year.

Also am interested in seeing how Josh Hayes does on the factory Yamaha

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Seems like they are doing for motorcycle racing what the do for the nascar and car racing. Bringing us all the news in motorcycle racing for the week. I wonder if Dave Despaine (sp?) will be hosting the show.It could be good. I just hope speed doesn't stop showing the full WSBK and GP races in lieu of this show.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would completely suck if they stopped showing WSBK and MotoGP. It's bad enough that the WSBK races come on Tuesdays sometimes.

I am hoping to see full AMA, MotoGP and WBSK races and maybe a news show that recaps everything afterwards. That would make me happy :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts