Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Neubauer said:
Neubauer, who does not normally attend AMA Superbike series events, asked Bostrom who he was.
my fave quote :crackup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is more to the AMA than that clown, but it is pretty embarrassing for the AMA to have him in that position and not know who some of their top riders are... :headshake

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Neubauer is just a red headed step child wanting attention.

My jaw dropped during that read.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I like this bit.

"According to one of the team managers, who asked to remain anonymous, AMA Pro Racing asked the teams to keep their riders from speaking out negatively about racetracks because it could hurt events and ultimately the sport."

Talk about hurting the events. How about having an uninteresting premier series by turning a blind eye to TC and then allowing it for everyone in the middle of the season. So the teams that don't have it don't have any time to get TC working for their bikes.

And as far as tracks go. It is embarrassing seeing the state of US tracks compared to European tracks. Open discourse about the condition and safety of tracks is the only way the tracks are going to get changed. Seems most of the owners of the tracks get embarrassed into doing the upgrades.

·
Registered
698 Posts
What a joke.:headshake

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What ever, if they had there stuff together like some of the other organizations there would be more spectators.

·
Registered
489 Posts
booken said:
And as far as tracks go. It is embarrassing seeing the state of US tracks compared to European tracks. Open discourse about the condition and safety of tracks is the only way the tracks are going to get changed. Seems most of the owners of the tracks get embarrassed into doing the upgrades.
the type of $ needed to get european-style tracks generally requires government backing. The more gov is involved, the nicer the track, look at shangai's.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Wow, this sounds a lot like what happened to the FIM about, oh. . .say 20 years ago? Enough riders got fed up with the current situation, threatened to start their own series (oddly enough, a very SERIOUS threat they could back up), and suddenly things changed. More and more I see AMA teams speaking openly about the AMA fugging up all the time. Whether it be in print or on TV. VIVA LA RESITANCE!!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The Gay-M-A and its rules are just so lame... The only people that should be allowed on the "governing body" should be ex-racers. I mean, how else are they going to understand what the riders are going through.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Rspec99 said:
The Gay-M-and its rules are just so lame... The only people that should be allowed on the "governing body" should be ex-racers. I mean, how else are they going to understand what the riders are going through.
:+1:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Rspec99 said:
The Gay-M-and its rules are just so lame... The only people that should be allowed on the "governing body" should be ex-racers. I mean, how else are they going to understand what the riders are going through.
I would prefer it to go one step further - get the AMA completely out of racing, turn the series over to the FIM for sanctioning and rules.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WERA or CCS... real racing by broke fuggers like me!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just my .02:

IF it's true that Mid Ohio management recieved individual phone calls from many riders/team managers with totally opposite viewpoints, then an organized effort would be more effective. Have the AMA organize this effort (or someone else, whatever it takes). You can't be jerking around the race track management in 10 different directions. Notice I said if it's true.

If you want to stack an organization with ex-racers, they had better be experts at organizing, marketing and implementing major events. Maybe ex-racers would be a better fit on a committee with a narrower focus, such as safety. Take it from one who's been there, pulling off an event the size of AMA races is a major undertaking behind the scenes. The struggles at Laguna Seca are a perfect example of people trying really hard and still facing hardships.

I think the racers are well on their way to improving things at all the tracks. Despite a poorly delivered speech on the AMA's behalf, I see the riders getting more organized and making their needs known, with or without the AMA.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
lavudyar said:
I would prefer it to go one step further - get the AMA completely out of racing, turn the series over to the FIM for sanctioning and rules.
Werd, the AMA needs to focus more on politics and less on racing. Just hand that crap over to a group that knows better.

·
Registered
595 Posts
"I pay my (AMA membership) dues every year for a service, and I don’t get that service"

Wow I am glad I am not alone in this perception of the AMA.

It cracks me up to see that this ass stated that they spoke with the track managers and that they listened to what the AMA had to say. If the Mid Ohio folks have half a brain they surely know to not listen to what the AMA has to say as they have no clue as to what matters to racing or safety all they know how to do is ring the register.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts