Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm looking forward to this season and was just wondering if anyone was gonna try and run some of the races this year? With Prostar changing there name to AMA Dragbike and with the addition of a few new classes, 2008 is gonna be a great year!!!! :helmet::thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger
:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

New SuperSport Rules - 2008 Wednesday, January 02, 2008

4.3.3 SUPERSPORT CLASS REQUIREMENTS

4.3.3.9.5 WEIGHT
Minimum weight at conclusion of run including rider:
Model
Year
Minimum Weight (lbs.)
Suzuki Hayabusa 1999-2007---670
Suzuki Hayabusa 2008---------680
Suzuki GSX-R1000 2005-2006--540
Suzuki GSX-R1000 2007-2008--550
Kawasaki ZX-14 2008----------680
Kawasaki ZX-14 2006-2007-----670
Kawasaki ZX-10R 2008---------550
Kawasaki ZX-10R 2006-2007----540
Yamaha YZF-R1 2007-2008-----550
Yamaha YZF-R1 2006----------540
Honda CBR1000RR 2008--------550
Honda CBR1000RR 2007--------540

:crackup::crackup:
Jk on the finger bro

I don't know man, gas prices are really startin to look :sad:
But we certainly gonna "try" to make sometin happen.
:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't freaking wait!!!! My SS bike is ready to hand out more ass whoopins and my R/ST bike is coming along. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can't freaking wait!!!! My SS bike is ready to hand out more ass whoopins and my R/ST bike is coming along. :thumbsup:
Reeeeaaal street:mrgreen: What yall goin with?
I really really like that street fighter index class. Pro tree, 1000ft drag race, and then a hell of a fast game of chicken.:ayyy:

Jenn R. from here in TX supposedly gots herself a 1k ss bike ready to go too:cool:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reeeeaaal street:mrgreen: What yall goin with?
I really really like that street fighter index class. Pro tree, 1000ft drag race, and then a hell of a fast game of chicken.:ayyy:

Jenn R. from here in TX supposedly gots herself a 1k ss bike ready to go too:cool:
Prolly building another 1k, so there's not much difference when I swap between classes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats the difference in those two classes?
R/ST you can stretch the bike 60,62, or 64 inches depending on your weight. One type power adder dry nitrous or single stage turbo, but you have to run factory OEM fuel injectors and stock clutch. A budget oriented class. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
R/ST you can stretch the bike 60,62, or 64 inches depending on your weight. One type power adder dry nitrous or single stage turbo, but you have to run factory OEM fuel injectors and stock clutch. A budget oriented class. :thumbsup:
I'd be interested in the real street class although I don't see myself racing much this season. I am changing jobs and will not have very much time to do so. Good luck this season. I may see you at a race if I get a chance. :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am definitely going to be working on something this year(in addition to wrenching on the 572" tube chassis, street driven Dart of a friend's..I'll post pics as soon as it gets its new paint)

But I digress.

I need to buy a bike first. Fortunately, I am in NH..40 mins. driving time to New England Dragway(IHRA sanctioned)...But the track is really fast; a quick look at the IHRA(4 wheel) record book will bear this out.

I guess 2k8 will be a building year for me. Meh..I love building new stuff. It is a good outlet for what little creativity I have.

That's the extent of my plans for 2008 unless a bike falls into my lap...Santa didn't hook me up :wink:

Oh, one more somewhat relevant bit of info. I could never get the hang of the pro tree; and I've had 2 decades to figure that thing out. I think it's a combination of too much full tree bracket racing and slow synapse activity.

·
Registered
448 Posts
what times do you plan on running in both classes? your record is what 8.9 in ss? What do you think ull run in r/st?
Everyone's has to add weight (i.e. weight - not in the form of ballast). I assume Kenny would probably have to add at least 15-20 :dontknow:, Don't know how the kid that has the record is even gonna make the weight requirement. :crackup:
I think the kicker is unfortunately gonna be the Busa's. They will be a little heavy yes, but there gonna be making some :donkey2: power ( are you sittin down... 219 at the wheel was last I read :eyecrazy:)
Therefore, I think its gonna be a crap chute for the first few races.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyone's has to add weight (i.e. weight - not in the form of ballast). I assume Kenny would probably have to add at least 15-20 :dontknow:, Don't know how the kid that has the record is even gonna make the weight requirement. :crackup:
I think the kicker is unfortunately gonna be the Busa's. They will be a little heavy yes, but there gonna be making some :donkey2: power ( are you sittin down... 219 at the wheel was last I read :eyecrazy:)
Therefore, I think its gonna be a crap chute for the first few races.
:headshake As long as I ride my 1k, I can stand to lose 13lbs :mrgreen: So watch out Jenny Craig:crackup:

If I want ride a busa/14 then yes I'll have to add weight, but I feel my little 1k will do just fine:thumbsup:

My SS bike mid-low 8.9's and my R/ST bike should go 8.4-8.6:wink:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
cmon kenny, turbo that puppy! screw the silly gas

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts