Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a friend of mine gave me his wrecked gsxr600 05 model. The harness needs a starter relay and some slight mods but the engine is still in perfect condition. I'm building a 125lbs (without motor) full suspension mini sand rail using raptor 700r front control arms and complete rear swing arm suspension swap to my frame and all wheel disc brakes. I've done the calculations with sprocket ratio, tire and rim size, transmission ratio and it's gonna be around top speed 160mph at 15,500rpms (that's only because of my limited sprocket ratio and tire size availability) running a 10 in the 1/4 and I'm gonna try and get it street legal here in NM. Is this the early signs of an adrenaline junkie? :badteeth:

It's gonna be all custom built with 13/14 inch rims and H rated tires or better and a reinforced frame and rear axle. Let me know if you think I'm crazy or not. I know some of it sounds far fetched but I'm trying to aim for the stars here. Literally haha no not really.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
That sounds crazy as hell!!Id like to try it when your done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's gonna take me a few months to complete the frame and mount the motor. Then I will still have to adjust all the suspension and steering to handle this power through trial and error. I've noticed that most gixxer karts have the problem of hooking up because they all run such small tires. I think I have that problem fixed with the custom wheel hubs that I'm having made for the rear axle to mount 13/14 inch lightweight compact car tires with H rated speeds (131 mph threshold) or better and allows me to keep the original sprocket ratio (16 front 45 rear) without modifying too much or going with a ridiculous sprocket ratio or custom made sprockets haha

·
Registered
634 Posts
Would you mind posting pics through the build? I have a GSXR 750 that was wrecked and I've been thinking of doing something similar.

I have to start parting out what I don't need this weekend to help with the build cost. First things to go will be the chrome rims and polished frame.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't sound crazy to me, Sounds like a FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC idea to me. I'm building a Super 4 wheeler right now. I have a raptor 700 frame with a turbo'd busa motor in it. Swing arm's streached and were working on lowereing it a little. I live in utah and were thinging of taking it to the bonneville salt flats. Ive already had it over 100 mph and was only in 3rd.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I can post up pics. Just need to find my digital camera haha.

Hey tommyman82 where can I get a stretched swingarm for a 700 raptor? I'm thinking I'll need to extend it to have the tires I'm mounting clear the frame.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Oh my goodness, when just reading the words make me afraid, very afraid.... it's got to be bad azz.

I'm suprised that more people don't use Gixxer engines for everything, got to be a bunch of wadded gixxers with sounds engines.

It's gonna be a screamer, double your life insurance, and wear a cup.:lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I can post up pics. Just need to find my digital camera haha.

Hey tommyman82 where can I get a stretched swingarm for a 700 raptor? I'm thinking I'll need to extend it to have the tires I'm mounting clear the frame.
You can get them off ebay, or a couple of online places, I had mine made by a company in SLC Utah, I'll see if i can find their name

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd appreciate that. It would help in my build and eliminate some problems I've been trying to foresee. BTW what kind of ATV tires are you running that hold up to those kinds of speeds?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts