Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the fabled 7. Never got one. Prolly always reget that move. I remember i think in 90', 91' when it had the actual ram air TUBES along the gas tank. Man, that was cool.

·
Registered
870 Posts
They had the ducts through the tank in 89 and 90 then went to dual air inlets in the front in 91 and finally the single ram air port in 93.

I had an 89 - the green with polished frame/swingarm and wheel lips.

It was a good bike and the first one I had with 17's on it - I rode the hell outta that thing and it never died.

It was stolen from me (bastards!).

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i wanted the zx7rr cuz my bro use to always talk about it

·
Administrator
6,693 Posts
I had the first Ninja 750 in '87, not the ZX7. Planned on buying one but then my first daughter came along. By the time I was ready to get one, the 9R came out, looked like the 7 but more cc's :thumbsup: I always planned on buying the rumored new 7 when it came out, but as we all know, that never happened.

I was just wondering, when the 7RR came out, I remember everyone writing about how it was geared so tall for the track that it sucked as a street bike. How does it compare to our 10's gearing?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D said:
They had the ducts through the tank in 89 and 90 then went to dual air inlets in the front in 91 and finally the single ram air port in 93.

I had an 89 - the green with polished frame/swingarm and wheel lips.

It was a good bike and the first one I had with 17's on it - I rode the hell outta that thing and it never died.

It was stolen from me (bastards!).
Stolen! Apparently someone else liked the 7 as well. Yep, bastids.

·
Registered
943 Posts
A ZX-RR
The closes I will get is the the Rc211v that they are bringing to the street and 999R

·
Registered
202 Posts
had 90-91-93-93rr. yes rr was geared up so tall and it sucked on the street. so I changed it to stock gearing and installed the factory rr kit. high comp pistons, cams and the jet kit. the mono with the red theme instead of blue was the bomb. It was the best looking bike and I believe it still is. I had to sell it to go into racing. sold it in 96 bought a zx-6 and raced whole season with the excess money. then next year I got the sponsors......still missing it, I rode one couple of months ago, oh man riding it after the 10, is like jumping from a ferrari to a freightliner. :((

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I always thought the 7 was one of the prettiest bike there was. It dissapointed me that Kawi never kept it up to date with the Gixxer 7, so every time I was in the market for a new 750 my money went to Suzuki. I wasn't about to pay the same amount of $$ for an outdated bike just because it looked pretty.

·
Registered
193 Posts
NATOR said:
the fabled 7. Never got one. Prolly always reget that move. I remember i think in 90', 91' when it had the actual ram air TUBES along the gas tank. Man, that was cool.
The '93 model was the first year of ram air for the ZX-7. The tubes on the 90 - 92 models didn't feed into the air box. The just provided cool air flow on/around the carbs/airbox.

I had the burgundy ZX-7. Sweet handling bike regardless of its weight.

·
Administrator
6,693 Posts
44 said:
It was the best looking bike and I believe it still is.
:thumbsup: agreed '92 IMHO was the best looking, didn't like when they went to the squiggle graphics. Wasn't that the same year Kawasaki fell for the "100 hp limit" that never happened?

The solid burgundy ZX-7 was also sweet looking. I still have a soft spot for the old red/white/blue Ninja 600 ('86?) as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I always wanted the original ZX7, I was just a kid, I had some Nike's I bought that were Green and Blue, I called them my ZX sneakers. UNfortunately I never got a chance to own one. By the time I had money and a Liscence to ride, I coulda bought one, but my F4 was 1k less, lighter and had just as much power... Sometimes I regret it, I still love the Kawasakis tho.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
the zx-7 had the same shape and everything for like 10 years.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i always wanted the Muzzy Raptor.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I had a ZX-7RR for 2 weeks. Took it back to the dealership. Flat slide carbs might have been great on the track but were a pain in the butt on the street. It bucked, stumbled and stuttered unless it was WFO or going over 100 mph. I remembered the riding position as being completely uncompromising. That bike sucked on the street. Wish I would have kept it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts