Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to swap out my stock silver sprocket nuts for Pro-Bolt Aluminum Gold ones, but they also offer Titanium and Steel. Aluminum is the weakest of the three. The question is... WOULD YOU GUYS rock these? Anyone eperiance these being to weak and breaking or what not? Ive already got a bunch of various Aluminum gold bolts from Pro-Bolt, the titanium gold is more greenish/yellow. Visit my website...
http://www.probolt-usa.com/Products/ZX10R_C1H_C2H_Ninja_04_05_Sprocket_Nuts_Set

·
Registered
201 Posts
If I was racing the bike I would, otherwise I would stick with steel. I just replaced my chain and went with steel sprockets and 525 chain. The 10's already have a ton of power, I'd rather the parts to last longer then be a bit lighter.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
If I was racing the bike I would, otherwise I would stick with steel. I just replaced my chain and went with steel sprockets and 525 chain. The 10's already have a ton of power, I'd rather the parts to last longer then be a bit lighter.
I don't think he was referring to the sprockets, I believe he was referring to the nuts that hold the rear sprocket on.

I was thinking about getting these in gold, I say go for it. They add a little accent color to your bike.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
OR you could always send the bolts to 06blackpearl and have them powder coated for probably a lot cheaper?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm using the Driven sprocket nuts with no problems.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Id like to swap out my stock silver sprocket nuts for Pro-Bolt Aluminum Gold ones, but they also offer Titanium and Steel. Aluminum is the weakest of the three. The question is... WOULD YOU GUYS rock these? Anyone eperiance these being to weak and breaking or what not? Ive already got a bunch of various Aluminum gold bolts from Pro-Bolt, the titanium gold is more greenish/yellow. Visit my website...
http://www.probolt-usa.com/Products/ZX10R_C1H_C2H_Ninja_04_05_Sprocket_Nuts_Set
No and I will say why ...Pure Cosmetic

If they are anodized, are silver or polished . When you torque them they will leave marks ,

As far as function. They will work just fine because there are 6 nuts holding the sprocket on. Just use a little thread lock and your good to goo

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
OR you could always send the bolts to 06blackpearl and have them powder coated for probably a lot cheaper?
:+1: I did both. I bought a full Monty bolt kit that came with these aluminum bolts, I didn't like that they were two parts, they have a steel inner in an aluminum housing, I just didn't trust that as I remove my rear wheel quite often. So I sent my bolts to pearl, only issue there is the powder crushes after a lot of use. Check out driven, they make a nice aluminum 1 piece

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't think he was referring to the sprockets, I believe he was referring to the nuts that hold the rear sprocket on.

I was thinking about getting these in gold, I say go for it. They add a little accent color to your bike.
I know he was speaking about the sprocket bolts, I was talking about driveline parts in general. I think the steel nuts would hold up better.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i bought pro bolt sprocket nuts also wheni just did my 520 conversion and chose not to use them, they just felt to flimsy to be holding the rear sprocket on

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I use them on both my bikes and haven't had any problems in 25,000 combined miles. Just be careful when putting them on and taking them off. I use 6 sided sockets one size bigger and 3M tape the nuts before torquing on them. I also use a small amount of thread locker.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
With anything coated ano,paint,or powder use tape to cover then torque to specs... ...
theres also little plastic boots that go inside a socket to protect the nut when tightening..

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
:+1: I did both. I bought a full Monty bolt kit that came with these aluminum bolts, I didn't like that they were two parts, they have a steel inner in an aluminum housing, I just didn't trust that as I remove my rear wheel quite often. So I sent my bolts to pearl, only issue there is the powder crushes after a lot of use. Check out driven, they make a nice aluminum 1 piece
That was probably a helicoil and it standard in industry in order to strengthen or repair threads in aluminum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts