Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently chewed up my stock rotors with some gold galfer brake pads so seeing the great deal at oncycles.com on the alth rotors I bought a set. I haven't put them on or recieved them but I went to a bike show the other night and talked to a few guys who seem to know their $hit considering their "claimed" mods. A few guys (mainly straight line racers) said that under street conditions these and other "racing" rotors, being designed for the race track will warp under these conditions very easily. I don't see why this would be true but I'm considering getting a second set of rims to set up for when I go out on real rides other than commuting. Have you guys ever heard or found any truth in this or should I slap them on and not worry. Thanks guys. I hate talking with people at those things, they all seem a little dumb compared to this forum. The only reason Im checking was 2 of the guys were running very nice and well set up zx14's LOL.

·
Registered
987 Posts
my alths are fine so far, there only a month old thou

·
Registered
798 Posts
if racing condition's do not wrap the rotors how would street riding

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if racing condition's do not wrap the rotors how would street riding

That's what I thought.
As to the bike show, it's actually a bike night I guess called first Thursday. I'd never been so I thought I'd check it out. Saw some nice bikes and some funny stuff. One guy had a stretch busa done up called the joker(not batman style) it was pink and purple with rindstones and chromed everything, stretched 20 inches and speakers built into his fairings, ugly ass bike but obviously very expensive. The guy was showing off revving it up and doin little burnouts, he went topull into the lot, took the corner to sharp and dumped(no sliders) the whole right side was totalled from the 1200 lbs coming down on it. LOL

Sorry, off topic. Thanks for the replies

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I have about 2K miles on mine, no warpage, and thats with Brembo Billet calipers and Master.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I just installed mine but highly doubt any problems....BTW minimum OEM rotor thickness is 5.5mm....the Alth is 4.5mm.

Alth is slimmer than OEM but is a different mix. Slightly lighter but I don't see how they would warp from street riding. Makes no sense to me :dontknow:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
They better not warp, can't wait to try them out with the Nissan's and pads!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Does anyone know if Galfer Ceramic pads will be suitable for these rotors?
It will be street use. I tried to get HH's but my hookup @ cycle gear doesn't have em in stock right now, I need em by early next week. . .cause thats when my nissins will be shining gold from the my powdercoater guy

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i also have alth rotors, but on my RC51 with HRC hard bite pads. street riding and a track day and all is well, they retail for like $600 or so, they are not junk.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just installed 07 ZX6 calipers on my 06 ZX10 with S/S lines I changed pads also at the same time I went with galfer pads not sure if they are the gold pads or not, my question is the brakes work excellent but make a metal grinding sound especially noticeable when nearing a stop. Is this normal with some pads? There are no noticable scratches or groves in the rotors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts