Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am.. waiting for the click...waiting...waiting...wondering how far I am from the 85 ft.lb...

When suddenly..!

The chewed tip is where I dremeled through it to get it out.

Obviously something went wrong there. The resistance from the bolts wasn't that great, so it was unexpected, although I did have some weird feeling when I was turning the wrench, and turning, and nothing was happening. I put the bolts all the way it with a ratchet (to the point of direct strong resistance), but the torque wrench just kept going. :dontknow:

Oh well, at least I got it out in a relatively short time, and without massive effort. :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What bolt is that? :dontknow:

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I think you got the torque setting wrong instructions says 25N-M...... 85ft-lb is like rear axle type torque s :badteeth:

Bloo

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On another note---the rotor-side washer was already 1.2mm, but the play was around 0.3mm. The manual specifies 0.6-0.9mm, so I had to replace the gear-side washer (originally 1.6mm) with a 1.2mm.

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you got the torque setting wrong instructions says 25N-M...... 85ft-lb is like rear axle type torque s :badteeth:
Yeah, I remember seeing the 18 ft.lb. I set the wrench to 216 in.lb. I don't know why I wrote 85 above. I was sweating all day, maybe I didn't drink enough. I'm not touching any more equipment today.. :lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yeah, I remember seeing the 18 ft.lb. I set the wrench to 216 in.lb. I don't know why I wrote 85 above. I was sweating all day, maybe I didn't drink enough. I'm not touching any more equipment today.. :lol:
Lol.....I was just complimenting you the other day how you figured out my Count Down Thread thinking this guy is Guinness and then this :dontknow: was getting ready to take away your smart card :lol: Drink some more Bud your back on the smart list :eek:ccasion1

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
On another note---the rotor-side washer was already 1.2mm, but the play was around 0.3mm. The manual specifies 0.6-0.9mm, so I had to replace the gear-side washer (originally 1.6mm) with a 1.2mm.
You should post your info. in the Generator Repair Bulletin for all to see.

I was in specs .6 the best I got out of the mod is the better washers.

Bloo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts