Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thats the first time i've heard of this problem, must be rare or we would have heard this before now.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
There are posts on this site about the problem from last summer. Some alternators whine pretty loud(telltale sign they are not shimmed properly) and then fail. biggest problem with that is they can take out the case if they let go in grenade fashion.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,563 Posts
Zxrider said:
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?threadid=72463
This article is from Wera forum about the Zx10 alternator problems.

lol hey guess what yall, thats my bike lol thats the owner of the shop whos working on it....i dont think he is going to have it ready b4 march 11th td, so im taking my street 10...ever so gently.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,563 Posts
gladding24 said:
There are posts on this site about the problem from last summer. Some alternators whine pretty loud(telltale sign they are not shimmed properly) and then fail. biggest problem with that is they can take out the case if they let go in grenade fashion.
oh yea!!! i took pictures of the inside of my case and the alternator did just that..but it gourged out the case real bad!!!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,563 Posts
treyzx10r said:
Got 6k on mine so far no alt problems. Did they ever give the mileage on these bikes that failed? :dontknow:
not to be funny.......it has 6K on it...realy it do...and my street bike have 5,600 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Shit Von, that was your wrecked/racebike that let go? didn't you just get it put back together???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi.

Is it normal, that the alternator whines all the time?

It does loads the battery and otherwise seems to work.

I didn't have that kind of sound on R1 or any other
bike I have had.

And since there was pointed out, that changing
alternator gears would cure it, made me think if
that whineis normal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts