Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/06/12/BAGRAJCIQ21.DTL

Pretty crazy that there trying to kill people for speeding now.....

I think they (CHP) are right, Speed does kill........

I'm sure the officer knew that the motorcycle was'nt going to stop so what does he do, jumps in the guys way and trys to kill him...... Would'nt it just have been better to let him go instead of having to live with the fact that you killed somebody for only doing 85mph on the freeway.....

Pulling your gun for this one, IMO was the absolutely wrong thing to do.... He's doing 85, so what, get a grip CHP..... no need to kill anybody over it...... I know on that part of hwy 80, I see people doing 90-100mph through there.... anyways thats nuts......

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well, I say we all give them a call and let them know exactly what bull shit this is!! Thats crazy, stupid idiot cop, he should be charged with attemted murder!!

"CHP officers ask that anyone with information in this case contact Lt. Johnson at the Solano Area CHP office at (707) 428-2100"

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Looney toons man. Pulled over wrong biker....shoot rather than get clear.

I've been passed quickly by cars when I was doing 85 in a 65 or even in a 55. Shoot them.

So kawi now makes both silver and champagne bikes (636's.)??

Try Ti idiots, same color two different descriptions. Or stick with one. Maybe one was just older and silver? All sounds keysotne cops to me.

"Authorities are searching for a Kawasaki ZX6R 636, silver with black trim, whose driver was wearing a dark helmet, a dark jacket and blue jeans. The motorcycle had no license plate.

Police are also seeking the second motorcycle that continued on east I-80. The motorcycle is described as champagne colored with a paper license plate. Both motorcycles are of the same make and type, possible 2005 or 2006 models."

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is shit, wonder where the bullet wound up. That officer needs to be sent up for attempted murder. "The motorcycle accellerated right at me" Bullshit, we all know the son of a bitch was strafing to stay in front of the bike then almost shit himself when he figured out what he was doing. "A'hyuck, let's go play in traffic, oh boy, oh boy!!!!" Then he pulled his manhood out of his pants and set it off, now, some lightly speeding motorcyclist may go down for attempted murder.

·
Registered
344 Posts
nope, the CHP will claim self defense as the bike was rolling towards him, he was fearing for his life and opened fire (justified bs, really)

of course if a LEO runs a red light and t-bones your car, its an accident, not attempted murder.. its a one-way street when dealing with LEO, their way (and the stories they create) or yours.

I'm not anti-LEO, I just see it all the time. its pretty weak if you ask me.

how silly is this? I hope an SUV isn't used to rob a bank, I may get shot at or ran over in an attempt to "solve" this case before actually thinking about it... lol

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
WOW, so this is where my tax dollars are going

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bet the cop is gonna say that he was in fear for his life because the bike was coming towards him.:zx_silver :rocketwho :asshole:

·
Registered
60 Posts
So instead of stepping out of the way, he unholstered his firearm and shot at the motorcyclist....hmmmm. And this was after he realized he pulled the wrong biker over?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That is a scary story fo sho:sad: . I just loose respect for the POLICE when things like this happen. Also there description of the riders could have been anybody for that matter, its night and jeans ,dark helmet and Kawi UMMMMMM sounds like BS if you ask me. I hope who ever was shot at is ok, and as for the cop goes this should be looked at as attempt to murder. Some cops think they have the LICENSE TO KILL and they know there story will win in the end. This is upsetting News All:headshake

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i am not saying the officer is in the right or wrong. but if the story in the paper is true (if it is in the paper it must have all the facts and be true) then the officer should have just stepped out of the way. he has done himself no favors by this. But what if the rider kept weaving at him trying to hit him??? a lot of people keep saying "i lose respect for officers when this happen" and "those f'in pigs go eat more doughnuts" but you only hear of about police when something bad happens. when an officer does something good everyone keeps it hush hush. i am just trying to throw another view out there and play a little devil's advocate.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
rvancil said:
Well, I say we all give them a call and let them know exactly what bull shit this is!! Thats crazy, stupid idiot cop, he should be charged with attemted murder!!

"CHP officers ask that anyone with information in this case contact Lt. Johnson at the Solano Area CHP office at (707) 428-2100"
The article says the biker came right at the officer. Same as a car coming at you. His life was in danger - Either get hit or take him out.

I went through that area at about the same time yesterday. I got pulled over for no reason. He wasted 15 min of my time and let me go. I get futher down the road and pretty much there was nothing but sports bikes getting pulled over. Now I know why.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
kneedragger said:
That is a scary story fo sho:sad: . I just loose respect for the POLICE when things like this happen. Also there description of the riders could have been anybody for that matter, its night and jeans ,dark helmet and Kawi UMMMMMM sounds like BS if you ask me. I hope who ever was shot at is ok, and as for the cop goes this should be looked at as attempt to murder. Some cops think they have the LICENSE TO KILL and they know there story will win in the end. This is upsetting News All:headshake
It was not night time. It was just after noon.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
guess that goes with the theory of "shoot first, check later that you got the right guy on a 636 since they are a massed produced vehicle, or wait, was it a 10R? from the front, a 636 or 10R coming at you at 85mph is pretty hard to tell even to guys like us that own either one, hell, they look very similar to the untrained eye head on. freakin iditots!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Side with riders on this one!

Well...once again another STUPID AKA-OFFICER makes law abiding officers look like crap again. I can't believe some of the shit some guys pull lately. Hmmm...good luck identifying the riders considering everyone looks like a friggin power ranger when we ride. It is cases like this that will eventually reduce the times officers legitimately must use force. As stated by others before, the officer will make it through with the claim for self defense.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I don't want to stir up shat, but look at it this way now every officer that heres of this case will tend to think its OK to pull a gun on a sportbike rider:dontknow: Also don't you think for one second that a bike hitting a person headon is pretty stupid? :headshake they both would have been hurt really badly and the biker would not have gotten away?:dontknow: This is not a damn movie people and Cops now have open range on sportbikes you remember that. What would have happened if someone wearing a like outfit and similar bike were to have come buy later that person could have been guned down and KILLED because of mistaken identity:headshake Things to think about here.
I know we have cops on this forum and some local cops that ride at the track. I know one of them kinda well and he just retired from the force and i think he will side with me on this one as he too gets MISTAKEN from time to time by young new law enforcement. Just my .02:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
to the guy earlier (think youre a cop) you said cops only get media coverage when they do something bad. Bike riders only get news coverage for doing something bad. So thats media. As for the swerving to hit the cop thing, what was the cop doing in the middle of the road anyway, and surely he could have ran for cover ie side of the road rather than pulling out a gun. I respect cops that do their job properly and with as much respect for the public as the public should have for them. This guy however, just wrong and stupid. Only way i will think diferently is if he comes out and admits that what he did was a stupid decision.

I'm just playing in on the "other view" these discussions are fun..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts