Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm a total quickshifter noob here! I've never used one but read and hear that they're just a heck of a lot of fun. I'm considering one in the future because I think it'll breathe some life back into a bike that I've become accustomed to and one that I'm not quite as excited about as I used to be.

My bike is already flashed with Woolich but I didn't do it myself and nor do not understand much about he process other than my buddy plugged it into his computer and that new maps have been uploaded. All I know about quickshifters is that they use a strain gauge that triggers an ignition or fuel cut somehow.

What does it take to turn my bike into a quickshifting and autoblipping beast? Preferably I'd like to build on the Woolich reflash somehow to minimize aftermarket componentry and complications. I understand Woolich has this capability.

Parts required?
Is it complicated with an intrusive, hard to reverse install?
Cost?

Thanks very much!

P.S. I've already searched the forum (albeit briefly). lol

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"quickshiter" lol

I assure you that this was a genuine typo!

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Hey Porsche!

Quickshiting is a topic for a different thread! So I won't discuss that. But the quickshifter is pretty easy. It's a switch and control box that gets plugged into the harness and you put the switch on the throw rod by attached to the shift pedal. Run the wire from that, and set your kill times. I had my Bazzaz QS4USB reused from my Gen 3 on my Gen 4 and it worked lovely. Easy to reverse back to stock by unplugging a couple of things. It's a piggyback type arrangement. Some use strain gauges, others don't. The QS4USB does not. It's just a simple electronic switch.

Uh, the autoblip is a whole different animal all together. The Gen 4 doesn't have ride-by-wire which means the throttlebodies are connected to the throttle directly with a cable. You have to install a motor-assembly, or cable puller motor on the throttlebodies to control the throttle valve opening on downshift to allow the motor to blip the throttle open. It's expensive, complicated, not fool-proof, and only made by a couple of different venders. It's not something that Woolich software can control on the G4. The Gen 5 is a different beast. That's a software change on that, but the Gen 4 is not. You need a lot of stuff to make that work.

·
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
I'll look for the links I had from the last (and pretty much only one I've seen) and try to post it. If I remember correctly, the install was pretty intrusive and the system was about $1500. So, yeah. There aren't a whole lot of those types of systems out there due to how complicated they are.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh I see. Thanks for all the info Sky! Ok, I'm ruling out the autoblipper altogether. The family's gotta eat and that kind of money is too selfish on my part.

So if you guys were in my shoes and just want a well operating quickshifter for the least money and easiest install, which route would you go?

Anybody know of a complete used set-up available?

Cheers!

·
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Well, here I am again! So I'd recommend the Bazzaz setup myself. I prefer the ignition kill instead of the fuel cut like the DynoJet ones. The Annitori strain gauge ones have good and bad reviews. So it's all about what you're looking to use it for.

Oh, and whether or not you want standard or GP shift patterns. As it so happens, my QS4 is sitting in the box ready to mail out since my Gen 5 doesn't need it.:wink: But it's for GP (reverse) shifting because I hate the standard pattern.:ayyy: :lol:

Sent from mobile!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! I run GP shift too! I PM'd you Sky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.