Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody is rocking the Alpinestars Supertech R boots or the S-MX Plus boots and if you are,any thoughts or opinions on them.Of course the Sidi Vortice's look awesome too but they also look like they are too much of a pain in the ass to put on.All opinions welcome on any other boots also.Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I got the smx boots over the sidi because i have wide feet. Great boot by the way.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have the Supertech R and Sidi's. The R's have a lot of protection and are super comfortable. But they suck to walk around in and are a PITA to take on and off. Sidi's are not as comfortable but they are tolerable to walk around in and are fast on and off.
By the way, if you are buying Astars boots, TRY THEM ON FIRST!!!!!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I used to have supertech r's and liked them a lot. now im wearing the storm trooper smx+ and love them more than any other boot ive owned. they are easy to put on/take off, they are great to walk around in (or wait for the truck to come scrape your bike off the road) and they breath really well.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I have worn the supertech r and the sidi vortice. The supertech r were a little bit faster to put on than the vortice but also didn't seem to conform to my foot and ankle as well. I found them far less comfortable to walk in. The venting in the Astars is amazing though. The sidi vortice I find look better, fit my foot better by a long shot. Walking in the sidis was just a touch less comfortable than my touring boots. Can't say anything about the venting cause I didn't ride with them. All in all you're going to have to try both to see for yourself. If you have a narrow foot I'd say go with the sidis.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
I have the SM-X 5 boots and i love them best pair i have ever had i like them way more than my sidi's

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the reply's.:eek:ccasion1 Right now I have the Sidi B-2 boots and I am looking to step up,so I am trying to decide what to buy.The Vortice's are looking pretty good I just thought they looked hard to get on.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
smx-plus vented here. great boots easy to get on and off. broke in pretty much after one ride. highly reccomend them, as i do all a-stars gear. friend has the new vortice, he likes them but he will confirm the PITA to get on and off. $500 is a lot of cash for a pair of boots. i paid less than $300 for my a-stars, and am very happy with them.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I have the SMX, they're very comfortable and have been crash tested twice. They hold up very well. Even the soles hold up well on my Vortex rearsets which are supper knobby. The only thing bad about them is the squeak but just about every boot does that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have supertech R's and I love them.

Mine don't squeek and now that they are a little more broken in are easy to walk around in.

At first I found it hard to ride with boots, but now I feel naked riding without them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've had SMX plus for years. Very happy with them. They did squeak when walking, but silicone spray helped. Decided to upgrade last year and purchased both sidi and supertech r.

The sidis didn't fit me at all. They were very uncomfortable. Looked cheap. They went back.

Love the supertechs. Very comfortable. Easy on / off. Leave the inner booty fully installed, and your foot slips right in.

I still use the smx plus on the street and the supertechs on the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts