Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet you mofo's sure are talking up a storm about it...lol

[Singign].."Why you wana...haaaaaate sooooo...bad" :lol: :lol: :lol: .

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
R1GSXRKILLER said:
Yet you mofo's sure are talking up a storm about it...lol

[Singign].."Why you wana...haaaaaate sooooo...bad" :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I hear ya- but alot of the stupid frame discussion is not so muh of a they suck thing as it is a -Oh Shite, I hope that's not a contiuing problem but it looks like it could be due to the questionable looking welds. Welds should melt the metal together, fuse it, not just be puddled on top.

Unfortunately all this discussion has been doing is bringing squids over to get into the mix.
I see more put downs on the people who ride the suzi's than I do of the bike itself.

And I know frames are getting light (except honda) and have to break somewhere if forced to failure but I've seen some pretty mangled bikes on track and when I worked at dealers- bikes people died on- never saw one like that. But they are lighter now than then.

I think the bottom line is we hope that frame thing is B.S. for everyone's sake.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've been wondering about the frames getting lighter....

It just seems that eventually it will be a weak point (disregarding shoddy welding:badteeth: ).
You can make something super stiff in a certain medium (I can feel the sexual jokes coming) but once you change that medium, it might be as good as warm butter!!! Take, for example, the popsicle bridges college students often construct. They are extremely strong for bearing a load in a certain direction. But change the direction in which the force is applied, and they crumble like dry cake.....

I love the development the race bikes are seeing and I love the trickle down effect to the street, but at some point, the manufacturers are going to once again realize these machines are for the STREET. Some compromises must be made to maintain safety and reliability on the street. Most race bike don't see the miles that one of us will put on in a single season!!! Durability is most definitely an issue on street bikes (frames, swing arms etc...) that race bikes may not be as concerned with (in that a race bike need only last a number of months, as opposed to a number of years for a street bike). Not to mention that street bikes, in certain ways, take a much harsher beating than do race bikes. Take into account pot holes, railroad crossing, bridge abuttments, any number of rain storms, cold weather, scorching weather, slow speed travel, and many more things we encounter on the road that are of no concern on the track......

I can honestly say that this 10 will be my last of the front running high performance bikes...I love the speed and handling and will hate to give it up (the 10/10 type riding that this bike endures comfortably), but I'm shooting for a more "real world" bike for my next one....I'm torn between several....The new Suzuki B King is purported to be coming out for 2006 (naked bike with the Busa engine)...The new BMW K 1200 R naked bike....The KTM 950 Adventure or the BMW HP2 super enduro....are all kind of floating my boat at this point....Part of this is my unfortunate situation of needing to keep a single bike stable, and part is to get out of the stinkbug riding stance that I only appreciate when riding aggressively (which is less and less with the number of Officers growing and growing!!! not to mention, I've been interested in a dirt riding more and more lately...)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Light doesn't always equate to weaker. Lightening the frame will force the engineers to design frames that are better performing. Back in college when I was studying engineering we went through this exercise all the time. Even though a part is made lighter in many ways it can be stronger as it forces the engineer to pay closer attention to the design of the part. The draw back is when the part experiences forces outside of its design envelope like if the part is to take a loading vertically but has an applied force horizontally which the part wasn't designed to take. The jist of all this drive to make everything lighter is that don't introduce a situation the bike isn't designed to hold up to...like crashing it.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
The problem i have is no matter how many gsxrs i beat or how many busa's cant hang they alllways have some piss poor excuse. sun in the eyes. wind wrong way, planetary alinment or whatever. when kawi did not have the best bike what did they do. "welp back to the drawing board" i hate that suzuki cant humble themselfs. so if they would quit bitchin and start designing they might have a shot. honestly i believe next year yamaha and kawi will be shootin it out. why because sazuki cant stop whineing. I'm tellin ya quit worrying about gsxr's start looking at R-1's this will be the closest thing next year. And yes i know about the rumors about a 1400cc busa. not worried unless they shed about 100lbs

·
Registered
675 Posts
No gixxer hater here. I still have my 750 gix and love it. I can probably spank my 10 in the twisties without much problem until I reach a straightaway (not really feasible since I can't drive both at the same time)I can have someone time it though. Whoops, way off that train of thought. I actually love all the bikes out there. We probably all do. Bikes give us the ability to enjoy our freedom and excercise that freedom very quickly. Choose your Make, type, model and color and mod it whatever way you like....stop the whining and get on yer bikes and go for a ride! Nuf Said.
.....That was not me saying that! Really! Bottom line is.... Be safe out there and enjoy the ride!
Peace!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DarkAngel said:
No gixxer hater here. I still have my 750 gix and love it. I can probably spank my 10 in the twisties without much problem until I reach a straightaway (not really feasible since I can't drive both at the same time)I can have someone time it though. Whoops, way off that train of thought. I actually love all the bikes out there. We probably all do. Bikes give us the ability to enjoy our freedom and excercise that freedom very quickly. Choose your Make, type, model and color and mod it whatever way you like....stop the whining and get on yer bikes and go for a ride! Nuf Said.
.....That was not me saying that! Really! Bottom line is.... Be safe out there and enjoy the ride!
Peace!
Very well said bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
"I never meet a motorcycle I didn't like." Obviously, there are some that I like more than others. I think I am a very descriminating motorcyclist. That is why I have the best liter sportbike on the market, the ZX10R.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts