Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys and Gals, just figured I'd introduce myself to the boards. A little about myself; My Name is Marcus, I'm 32, in the Army, Military Police (and Dog Handler) for the past 13.5 years, currently stationed in Hawaii and just bought my 1st bike ever (04 ZX10R) .....(I know I know), and I've got about 2500 miles of my own on her. I was looking at getting a new 650R originally but I let a riding buddy of mine talk me into the 10 after he harped on me telling me I'd outgrow the 650 quickly. Immature decision, probably, but overall I'm happy with the bike. I do know the opinions of guys (like me) that start out on a bike this big, but I think I'm more than mature enough to keep it humble. I do realize it's a lot of bike for a new rider, but like I said, I'm happy with it. Side note, I've also ensured that I got all the training I could get on this thing too, MSF beginner and advaced courses, along with a small track day with a team of instructors from the California Superbike School.

I also just picked up an 01 R6 for my girl. She wanted to ride too and definately has more experience under her belt than I do, but hasn't rode in about 7 years due to an accident she had on one which pinned her between two cars. She came out ok, but it's really hard for her to ride on her own (mentally), so we're taking it slow. Either way, I've put a few hundred mies on that one also. Matter of fact, I think that one is a little harder to ride than the 10, but what do I know. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say what's up and I'm more prepared for the comments about a new guy on a 10 so fire away ;)

The kids

Guys night out (great bunch of guys by the way)

·
Registered
494 Posts
:welcome:

Jumpin on a this 10r for a first bike, is uh, well, one hell of a jump. Have fun and enjoy the site.

I also sometimes wonder if there is enough land for me to ride in Hawaii. But hey, at least you can ride year round.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Youre not alone man. I made that big of a jump myself I intend to take some advance courses myself. But the bike will totally have my respect.

·
Registered
279 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
What's up man...Welcome and take it easy...in Hawaii AND riding a 10...I'm jealous, lol

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
welcome to the site man, nice place to be stationed.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys. I have to say, it IS really nice to be able to ride year round, and despite what you may think, there are plenty of nice roads here and I'm still not tired of them, the scenery is just too gorgeous!

On a side note, it's been a month since my first post and since then I've installed a side mount Ohlins SD, replaced the rearsets with Arata's, installed a PCIII USB, K&N filter and removed the secondary butterflies. WOW, what a difference!! I think I'm addicted!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Aloha bro,., see ya on the h3! :thumbsup:

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
:welcome: I'm still a newbie myself. And as others mentioned, you are not alone jumping to a 1k. I have. Maybe not the smartest move but if you're mature enough, respect the power and have total throttle control, you'll be okay. As evidence of you, I and others (so far). :badteeth:

Great looking bikes though. Looking forward to your comments. I've learn a lot thus far on this forum. :helmet:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts