Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not kidding this car was F,n fast! I was on the freeway and looked over almost to taunt him into racing so I passed and nothing. A little later down the road I catch a glimpse outa the barely visible mirrors on the 10 and see him flashing by. I downshift a couple of gears and I am not gaining to fast. Finally I get up beside him and its on. I am down 2 teeth on the front so my top end is shit. So we are side by side and off we go I get him by about 8-10 bike lengths and feel pretty good all of the sudden I am in 6th gear and bumpin off the rev limiter holy shit I still see this RX7 in my mirror. I think I am done and all of the sudden he is out of gear. I am thinking wow I am lucky he ran out of gear or I would have been had. Needless to say I am switching back to stock gearing. I beat this one but what about the next. I also got a thumbs up from him as we got beside each other again. I also extended my thumb for that fast as hell RX7.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dude, you made it sound like you were close to being beat by a Prescription-7. :wink:
I've heard a few people say their going back to stock gearing because their slamming the rev limiter too soon.
The RX-7 and RX-8 are the only imports I have respect for, because of that
amazing rotary engine. 8) 8) 8)
... Thats talking about cars of course. :wink:

·
Registered
571 Posts
When I worked at the dealer in Seattle, we worked on this guys 1988 M5. Turbo charged, big brakes full Dinan suspension and engine stuff. 560 Hp! The only car I ever drove that accellerated like a bike. Some guys are driving around in sleepers waiting to smoke other sports cars and suprise the hell out of bikes. You never know! :oops:

·
Registered
587 Posts
i also had a run in with a fast as hell rx-7

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Yeah well can a RX-7 do wheelies :lol: some times it goes to show you never know what can happen in this crazy world a RX-7 almost beating a 10 damn that would of been embarrasing

·
Registered
6 Posts
:D

Well, thats no surprise dude, I can tell you that this will happen as long as your on a green zx-10, it's a no brain-er. I have a 1974 Ford Pinto
with 383 gears and a k & n filter and I beat gsxr 1000's and zx-10's all the time day and night, I have the stock 4 banger and it kicks major ass, there are no bikes and only a few heavily moded cars that can leave me sitting anywhere,,,,

just my 2 cents,,,,
Buy a Pinto dude.
you wont regret it.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
LMAO
Thats pretty cool man I would get a hell of a kick getting stomped by a pinto. I would be proud to tell that story for two reasons one its funny and two no one would beleive me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
come on guys please dont do it. two down from front what do you expect come on please. you will be slower than a 600.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
44 said:
come on guys please dont do it. two down from front what do you expect come on please. you will be slower than a 600.
Yeah 1 down in the front is as far as I would go unless yer dragging.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Keep yer eyes peeled for Supra turbos too, quite a few around with big single turbo kits in them capable of +600HP and sub 10 sec. 1/4 mi. times. Pretty surprising to assume you're going to walk all over this guy just leavig the line, only to find him 1/2 car length back at 140-150mph. :shock: :shock: :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts