Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just split my head from the cases and once again on #4 one of the exhaust valves almost dropped.one of the keepers had def walked its way out.ive found out even with stiff springs these 10's are easy to drop a valve in!
everything else looks kosher though.im gona split the head up now since a new valve,keepers and retainer needs to be bought.cams looked great too....this would be a great cam combo for somebody 08 race intake and factory intake moved to exh side.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Shit...how many passes do you have on this head?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
around 100

·
Registered
522 Posts
wow!! luck you found it in time.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
well i just split my head from the cases and once again on #4 one of the exhaust valves almost dropped.one of the keepers had def walked its way out.ive found out even with stiff springs these 10's are easy to drop a valve in!
everything else looks kosher though.im gona split the head up now since a new valve,keepers and retainer needs to be bought.cams looked great too....this would be a great cam combo for somebody 08 race intake and factory intake moved to exh side.
what spring retainer combo do you have? how much spring pressure are you running at the valve seat? how much valve lash?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts