Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some goodies done to the motor,the cams and the head!!

Should be FASTER... Will post before and after dyno numbers...

Should be ready for Test N Tune the 13th of this month.:mrgreen:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^Yeah, how do the wraps look man? I'm going to be getting a tracker in the nexted couple months I hope...Just need the girls approval too :lol: Just saying race fairings+wrap=good or does it have a lot of bubbles?

my point behind this is....wrap or rattle can?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^Yeah, how do the wraps look man? I'm going to be getting a tracker in the nexted couple months I hope...Just need the girls approval too :lol: Just saying race fairings+wrap=good or does it have a lot of bubbles?

my point behind this is....wrap or rattle can?

I had this done by the local graphic shop as far as the labors concerned. There are no bubbles. The only complaint I have is you will see seams on parts of the bike. Its not bad at all but you really gotta look for them. I guess you cant get around that because of how curvy the bike is. I will tell you that you will pay the same price for the labor as you do the wrap. I am in it 700 bucks total.

So its not cheap but I chose it because I can replace body parts if I lay it down rather then spend more money to repaint the whole bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Degreeing the cams after we assembled the motor.

Motor is going back in

Finally, she is ready to be tuned...

She sounds really good with the degreed cams and thinner head gasket, Im sure the head work had some part in that but I cant wait to get it on the dyno.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so here is one of the first Dyno Pulls my bike made BEFORE the motor was ever out.. It made 166.38 hp and trq was 97.19. This was at 4800 elevation. All that was done at the time was exhaust and air filter.

After we got the motor in here is what I got with a partial tune.. We were unable to finish the bottom end do to weather conditions. It is a mobile dyno and we had bad weather setting in and we had to stop tuning. so for the day we ended up with 172.40 hp 105.51 in torque.. Again at 4800 ft.

If you notice the very bottom end we need to do some more tuning. I know we can smooth it out. I think its good for 2 or 3 more ponies.

For those of you who arent familiar with elevation change, where we are located (Reno,NV) we lose 15% power from sea level. So if you were to add 15% to these numbers.. This is what numbers you would have at sea level on a dyno.. give or take..

166hp add 15% (24.9) 97.19 trq (14.57)

172hp add 15% (25.8) 105 trq (15.75)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts