Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a ticket this morning, it says my alleged speed was 103. :headshake radar is blank everything else on it is blank. i asked him if i could see his radar since he was driving the opposite direction as i past him i know laser wont work while your moving, only kband, and he said he didnt have to show it to me. ok then, on the ticket the radar field is blank. :dontknow: is he just guessing me doing 103? i told him i saw 81 on the speedo which is still speeding by 11 over but definitely wasnt doing over 100. i had traffic in front of me on a 1 lane highway so if i was doing over a 100 then the cars infront of me would have been as well. should i fight this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Definitely fight it man! You should be able to get out of that without to much trouble and it would be worth it to avoid that hellacious insurance spike.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Yes, fight it. Most likely won't get thrown out, but seriously reduced. Cops are trained to be able to determine speed by visual reference, but you should be able to get that worked down to a reasonable amount. If he even shows up to court. It'll be your word against his and the burden of proof is on him, which he doesn't really have.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
OF COURSE YOU SHOULD FIGHT THIS!
With out a doubt!

I wrote a very detailed way to do a TBD (trail by declaration) sometime ago for another member here a few years back. Which full explains how to go through the process.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
fight it and let us know how it goes. thats just wrong. everytime ive asked to see the radar they have let me.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
you should have never said to him that you were doing 81 ( admiting your guilt), but I would still fight it. The only thing cops are trained here to do is to eat donuts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Definently fight it. Be warned though, I got a ticket in basically the same way, except the officer said I was going 80 in a 65. I was like, thats not even close. Told her my speedometer was bouncing around from 64-66 because that section of freeway was pretty rough, but no way was I going close to 80. Even with traffic blowing past me, she picked me to stop. Went to fight it in court, she pulls out a certification in visual estimation of speed. I brought a witness to testify to our actual speed at the time. Judge was a doucher and passive heard my witness talk and my detailed recounting of the event (where the officer verbally was harrassing us), saw the certification and pretty much accepted it as a radared speed. Got the ticket, no reduction and just left even more pissed off.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Definently fight it. Be warned though, I got a ticket in basically the same way, except the officer said I was going 80 in a 65. I was like, thats not even close. Told her my speedometer was bouncing around from 64-66 because that section of freeway was pretty rough, but no way was I going close to 80. Even with traffic blowing past me, she picked me to stop. Went to fight it in court, she pulls out a certification in visual estimation of speed. I brought a witness to testify to our actual speed at the time. Judge was a doucher and passive heard my witness talk and my detailed recounting of the event (where the officer verbally was harrassing us), saw the certification and pretty much accepted it as a radared speed. Got the ticket, no reduction and just left even more pissed off.
Wow. I would be so pissed. That's so much crap, and should never be allowed to happen.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
That's bullshit, definitely fight it!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Wow. I would be so pissed. That's so much crap, and should never be allowed to happen.
Bro, you have no idea. I was PISSSSSED when it happened. I didnt even know something like that could exist, so everytime a thread on getting a speeding ticket comes up, I try to warn everyone of it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'd like to see this test to be certified visually capable of ESTIMATING speed.
Lol.
That has to be a bunch of shit.
How many factors play into a visual estimation? Probably more than a person would care to count......
I could see being able to determine speeding vs. not speeding, but to put numbers to it? No. That is a bunch of shit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Your lucky your not in Virginia! You would have been Bubba's bitch by the end of the night! Seriously though Go to court with a lawyer a take a plea, its your only choice. You wont win against the Copper. Sorry!

·
Registered
378 Posts
80+ here..... Yeah, it sucks!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts