Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time and time again i see little snippets of advice popping in from members trying to help others with a whole host of issues, pinched fuel line when you lay the tank down etc etc, and it just wasn't G4, people would suggest previous Gens could pinch there lines too 馃ぃ馃ぃ awww what i would be reading are conspiracy theorists on about some half arsed contiributer some years ago and re just posting up the bumph they heard somewhere else. I have had the tank off of dozens of G4's and believe me there is no way it is possible to pinch the fuel line when re-titting the tank!!! Right ;)
Until i had a pump in on a bike with very low miles that has had bad running issues from new, well fuck me the pump on left is a normal G4 pump i have re-built and believe me its not possible to pinch the line with this and its just like all the others i have seen, the one on the right however i have never seen the likes of and can hardly believe quality control had not seen this and no wonder some folks were getting pinched lines its not possible to orientate it any other way except to put strain on the fuel line and pinch it an abnormal angle when placing the tank down. Sorry you guys that suffered this in the past and i take back all i said about you to my pc screen!!! And those of you who didn't know why your lines were getting pinched this is why.

Attachments

Registered
Quality control indeed! You'd think it would have a different part number. Very interesting discovery.

Maybe my previous problems are a result of an abnormal pump as well. Whatever the case, I have to pay very close attention to the braided fuel line getting pinched on the tank seam.

Registered
Good to know that. Thank you @michael4012 to share your find outs.
I assume the nozzle is still fixed so that you cannot possibly "turn it back" into its original position?
(I know that the nozzle must be soldered, otherwise the pump will leak.)

Registered
Gen4 '14 ZX10R ABS
Damn. I need to check which one of it I've got. I recently popped my tank up to correct the the routing by the previous owner and I was sweating myself and hoping I dont pinch it.

Just to be safe - Is there any way to check if its pinched once the tank is lowered?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn. I need to check which one of it I've got. I recently popped my tank up to correct the the routing by the previous owner and I was sweating myself and hoping I dont pinch it.

Just to be safe - Is there any way to check if its pinched once the tank is lowered?
It's not so much as a pinch but a kink in the line, caused by the angle of the outlet pipe being farther away than the shortest distance to the fuel rail resulting in the fuel line not being long enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts