Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...so I got this brand new 2017 zx10r middle of last week had a six hour drive to go get it but I've finally got the bike I've been wanting for so many years now....so before this bike I had a 2015 cbr1000rr repsol edition and before that was a 2004 gsxr1000....now I've had alot of fun on all my bikes I've had and I've never had the issue that I'm fixing to ask about.....even with all the traction control turned completely turned off and I've tried from a dead stop and I've tried from about 30mph....pinning the throttle gets my front tire little more than a few inches off the ground.....im really feeling like the bikes being held back....or maybe the IMU is holding it back or something but I've turned everything off that I can and it just seems like I should be trying harder to keep the front end down instead of struggling to lift it off.....this is the first bike I've had with all of the electronic rider aids so I was wondering if I'm missing something......HELP MEEEEE!

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
in full power mode and traction off you should have no problems getting the front wheel off the ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And that's what I was thinking as well ...ive never had a problem with either one of my other liter bikes taking off to the sky so I'm wondering what's up with this one...its just past it's break in period with 1300 miles on it ...the only other thing I can think of is that before I bought it the dealer had to change some gears out in the transmission due to factory recall before they could sell it to me....bur I just don't see how that would affect the front lifting off unless the went in and de-tuned the mapping for some reason...which I really don't believe they would do.....im baffled ...i know this bike should be lifting up no problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok..so I'm out on the bike now and I think my problem is that I haven't been grabbing enough throttle....just tried it out wrapped my hand over the throttle pinned it(all the way open) From about 15mph she took off and up we went to about 10o'clock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea....so I was under the impression that I was in the throttle pretty deep ...guess not....dont know if it's just an unformiliar clip on position or if the throttle handle may have more throw to it than I'm use to or what....but anyway yep reaching over the top of the grip and grabbing all its got will definitely do it

·
Registered
43 Posts
had a motion pro throttle on my r6... its a game changer to say the least...

it changes the entire dynamic of fuel delivery........be advised.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
I'm sorry, but what's the benefit of being able to power wheelie this bike from a dead stop? :donkey2:
...with stock gearing mind you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No benefit...i just know that it's suppose to be able to and if it doesn't then something must be going on with the bike....and if anything is going on with the bike i would like it fixed while it's under warranty.....

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I dont know the electronic package of the 10R hut isnt wheelie control a separate thing from traction control?

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Clutch up only way unless about 7k or so in 1st with 17/42; however, I never clutch up the g4's as clutch feels a bit weak to me. Bike is designed NOT to loft which is good in my particular loop situation.

I would drop front and increase back sprockets and install cages if you have stunt urges; Not sure, but doubt the stunter guys would have anything to do with 10r's for stunting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts