Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are listed in the service manual. They are different for each year. What year is your bike? I can post the error code once I know that if you don't have the manual. But that can be downloaded.
Hey, thanks again for sending me the link to this thread yesterday. Do you have a list of the error codes for a 2017 ZX10R ABS, the code that showed for me is "63" and I want to make sure from googling it, it states it's the servo motor but I would like to double-check.

Thanks in advance. :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, thanks again for sending me the link to this thread yesterday. Do you have a list of the error codes for a 2017 ZX10R ABS, the code that showed for me is "63" and I want to make sure from googling it, it states it's the servo motor but I would like to double-check.

Thanks in advance. :biggrin::biggrin:

Nevermind found it on the site!:helmet::helmet::helmet:

·
Registered
28 Posts
First thing's first. It's an FI light, which stands for Fault Indication or Fault Indicating (or Fuel Injection as pointed out later. Pick your poison). It's NOT an "F1" light. :BangHead:

Secondly, the code(s) that is causing the indication can only be retrieved while the fault is active. The red LED and associated "FI" symbol on the LCD must be flashing for this procedure to work.

=========================================================================================
Here is the procedure for the 2021+ ZX-10R (Generation 6):
=========================================================================================

TBD

Early information states to press and hold the Mode and Reset buttons on the instrument cluster for a few seconds at the same time to show the service code.

Here is the procedure for the 2016-2020 ZX-10R (Generation 5):

---> NOTE: <---
Unlike the Gen 4, the system on the Gen 5 retains the codes for a longer amount of time until the system has gone through several ride cycles before automatically clearing the FI light and codes. In order to manually reset the system, follow the procedure below:

Here is the procedure for the 2011-2015 ZX-10R (Generation 4):

Here is the procedure for the 2006-2007 and 2008-2010 ZX-10R (Generation 2 and 3):

Here is the procedure for the 2004-2005 ZX-10R (Generation 1):

Once you have found the errors code or codes causing the light to come on, you can look up the actual problem in the service manual and go fix the problem. Without this number, there could be multiple issues with the bike ranging from minor (ie - exhaust servo motor) to something catastrophic (ie - crank position sensor, main throttle sensor, etc.) Don't take a guess! Pull the code and know your problem!
Well I thank you for the education, the only problem I have is 1. it don't run, that is the first thing they tell you to do is start it. 2. there is no other code number coming up. I have managed to get the bike to fire, at the plugs, but it still will not start. I checked the plugs and it doesn't appear to be getting fuel, even though I have determined that it is receiving a signal. where do I go from here? I will probably check the injectorsthem selves, being the tank got low on fuel at one point, could be trash, or water. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
1. it don't run, that is the first thing they tell you to do is start it.
2. there is no other code number coming up.

I have managed to get the bike to fire, at the plugs, but it still will not start. I checked the plugs and it doesn't appear to be getting fuel, even though I have determined that it is receiving a signal. where do I go from here? I will probably check the injectorsthem selves, being the tank got low on fuel at one point, could be trash, or water. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not exactly sure what you're misreading on the procedure. Step 1 is to "turn the ignition on". That has nothing to do with starting and running the engine. You have to apply power to the indicator by turning the ignition SWITCH to the ON position to read the code(s). The engine doesn't have to start to do that. That makes no sense since the service code could be preventing the engine from starting and you would never see that if the engine has to run before you can see the code. Nowhere in the procedure does it say to "start the engine".

If you can't retrieve a service code following that procedure, that means you don't have any active codes to display. Then you need to be sure you actually have the "FI" light on. If the FI indicator in the display isn't showing, then you don't have any codes. The red light is the oil pressure warning light. Unless it illuminates with the FI indicator, you have an oil problem and not a service code. They have to be on together. The red light only is oil pressure.

If you're not getting fuel, then you need to check the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel lines, and fuel injectors to be sure the atomized fuel is actually getting into the cylinder. The spark plugs should be dry if it's firing properly. They will only be wet with fuel if the cylinder isn't combusting and raw fuel is getting on them. That's not a good way to troubleshoot the system by looking at the plugs for that. Water in the tank can be broken up by adding some HEET to the fuel in there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did do it just like you said it keeps flashing the f1, and it shows either a gas can with a spout or oil with a spout, it has 4 qts of oil in it, I dropped the pan and cleaned the filter which was about clogged with silicone someone previously had used for gasket sealer. if I put gas in the manifolds it will try to start sometimes it seems like the timing is retarded, but I have triple checked the timing, everything is lining up. the two cams one on intake and the other on exhaust. just so I have went through everything i am going to pull the injectors and apply voltage from the harness and backflush them, then again the other direction. It just act like it wants to start, then it acts like it runs out of fuel and just spins over. I had this motor running not to long ago, All I have done since then is re adjust the valves, I was very sure I have them within specs, I have all the final number wrote down, as far as oil pressure I actually had to mess with the valve cover gasket quite a bit to get it to seal, it was leaking from the corner of he valve cover, is there a way to check the oil pressure? this is one of those do your friend a favor kind of job, I am not excepting to get paid anything, I think he said he had a tool box I could get from him, at one point I thought I saw flames coming from the exhaust , thought maybe it was the fuel I poured in it,

61 - 65 of 65 Posts