Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First thing's first. It's an FI light, which stands for Fault Indication or Fault Indicating (or Fuel Injection as pointed out later. Pick your poison). It's NOT an "F1" light. :BangHead:

Secondly, the code(s) that is causing the indication can only be retrieved while the fault is active. The red LED and associated "FI" symbol on the LCD must be flashing for this procedure to work.

=========================================================================================
Here is the procedure for the 2016+ ZX-10R (Generation 5):
=========================================================================================

---> NOTE: <---
Unlike the Gen 4, the system on the Gen 5 retains the codes for a longer amount of time until the system has gone through several ride cycles before automatically clearing the FI light and codes. In order to manually reset the system, follow the procedure below:

Here is the procedure for the 2011-2015 ZX-10R (Generation 4):

Here is the procedure for the 2006-2007 and 2008-2010 ZX-10R (Generation 2 and 3):

Here is the procedure for the 2004-2005 ZX-10R (Generation 1):

Once you have found the errors code or codes causing the light to come on, you can look up the actual problem in the service manual and go fix the problem. Without this number, there could be multiple issues with the bike ranging from minor (ie - exhaust servo motor) to something catastrophic (ie - crank position sensor, main throttle sensor, etc.) Don't take a guess! Pull the code and know your problem!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree with Dude. Fantastic thread that should be stickied.
You could've stickied it for me, ya know. Since you are a Mod and all. :heyyou: :notworthy:

:lol:

I actually thought I had already stuck the thread after I created it. But it is now.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,018 Posts
You could've stickied it for me, ya know. Since you are a Mod and all. :heyyou: :notworthy:

:lol:

I actually thought I had already stuck the thread after I created it. But it is now.
I didnt know I was allowed yet! Lol!! :crackup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently got a tune and put on a Akra link pipe and now I have a FI code 67 which is
Oxygen Sensor Heater (Equiped Models) : If the oxygen sensor heater fails (wiring short or open), the ECU stops the current to the heater, and it stops the feedback mode of the oxygen sensor

Can anyone tell me what that is?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Turn out the tuner turned on something in the ECU looking for the oxygen heater when my bike doesn't have an oxygen heater...

Sometimes you get what you pay for... it was a suggested tuner from this site...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Turn out the tuner turned on something in the ECU looking for the oxygen heater when my bike doesn't have an oxygen heater...

Sometimes you get what you pay for... it was a suggested tuner from this site...
Why not post up the member who recommended the tuner and tuner? :dontknow: .......it's not telling just a way of feedback. :wink:

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Was giving the tuner a chance to make things right, which they are not. I will be making a full write up....
Cool......just because your new doesn't mean you don't have a voice. :wink:

Bloo

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Are you sure about this? Have you checked the connector on the airbox and made sure it was reconnected properly? Did you mess with it when taking off the airbox to get to the ECU?

The heater is built into the O2 sensor itself and cannot be replaced separately. There's nothing in an ECU reflash that would trigger this fault by itself. You can enable/disable the presence of the O2 sensor, but that has nothing to do with the Heater part of it. If the reflash enabled the O2 sensor, then I'd expect other codes to be popping up as well.

Since you haven't updated your profile, I have no idea where you are located or what year you have. The O2 sensors are only on the European models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exactly. I'm in Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA.

The tuner knew that. I took my bike apart multiple times just to find out I dont even have the plug for the oxygen sensor since my bike NEVER HAD one.

I pay the price for a tuner who doesnt pay attention...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heyguys great thread.... I just picked up a 2011 ZX10r from the shop yesterday, it has 6600kms on the clock. Not knowing much about this model I noticed the red FI light was on an did not go off at all from the time I left the shop, until the time I got home.

The bike has had a full Graves exhaust system fitted, full Ohlins suspension upgrade and a Bazzaz fuel injection tuning module fitted.

I tried the sequence in the 1st post in this thread but no code showed up.

I read somewhere else about holding both the buttons down, when I did this the rev guage just flashed.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

ps Im in Brisbane, Queensland in Australia :hello:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts