Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ppl please help me i bought on ebay a zx10r 2009 akropovic slip on WITH link pipe ,however when i recieved it all i got was the exhaust pipe so i emailed the ebay seller and said that you didnt send my link pipe to which he investagated and emailed back there is no link pipe with that item (even tho on the distcription it said with link pipe) so i rang and explained everything and he said the link pipe is what comes off the exhaust muffler and therefore you have got it! i i said if thats the case what do you call the bit that connects the muffler to the header that cuts out the cat convertor "a link pipe" well there you go you advertised that where is it ?? oh yeah we do those there £125 ...and! im not paying for it it was advertised in the listing !! yeh well theres a mistake then il change it ..great well what you gonna do then send me my link pipe and except you got it wrong cut your losses and send me a free one as described and learn from it and be more carefull how you describe something ?? no il do you it for £115 for the mistake ,i said ok then i wont be buying any more stuff from you tadar . whats should i do ?? leave it or fight it again for the link pipe?? surely a good shop would of said ok fair enough heres you link pipe and change how they have listed it??

·
Registered
349 Posts
Let ebay know, file a dispute that the seller didnt give you anything as advertised.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let ebay know, file a dispute that the seller didnt give you anything as advertised.
yeh true il give it a try and see .cheers dude ps a link pipe is a serperte thing to the pipe tho isnt it?? im fiarly sure myself just wanted be 100% cheers joe

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeh true il give it a try and see .cheers dude ps a link pipe is a serperte thing to the pipe tho isnt it?? im fiarly sure myself just wanted be 100% cheers joe
Yes it is. The muffler is separate from the link pipe

·
Registered
279 Posts
see above. I got some farings from a guy on EBAY, they arrived with cracks. An EBAY rep got involved and they were forced to give me some money back. You have to make a big deal about it before they will do anything

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers guys alll helpful as always word of the day is dispute then il give it a bash then ,nothing to lose . cheers all

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I've seen the "mid-pipe" (pipe directly connected to the muffler) referred to as a link pipe B4. Just as Akra's "link-pipe" is usally called a cat bypass/cat emimanator/boom box elim/... or simular. Based off your post I'd guess failed communication v/s out right fraud. Did the seller offer to refund your money if returned? or did you only demand the part? What was pictured in the ad? How about a link to the ended auction for us to see?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah just do as everyone stated above and file a claim and then you can maybe get your money back and then go buy the link pipe ?? LOL

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah right, you might get something out of it or you might not, its worth trying though if you really did pay for it ect

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've seen the "mid-pipe" (pipe directly connected to the muffler) referred to as a link pipe B4. Just as Akra's "link-pipe" is usally called a cat bypass/cat emimanator/boom box elim/... or simular. Based off your post I'd guess failed communication v/s out right fraud. Did the seller offer to refund your money if returned? or did you only demand the part? What was pictured in the ad? How about a link to the ended auction for us to see?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200370836362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
If you paid by CC, then you could dispute it with the CC company if it came to that. i don't recommend that, and Im not saying try to get something for nothing, but he didnt represent it right, and the price of the mid pipe should be deducted, or the mid pipe included, case closed. Definately dispute it with Ebay though, maybe they will make it right, though dont get your hopes up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeh offered refund but i just wanted what was offered plus the pipe is now used so they didnt want it back

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200370836362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there is confusion over what is a link pipe with the ebay shop seller is ,my problem now is should i keep on trying to make them send it for free or do i put my hand in my empty pocket and just pay for it?? i have already made a dispute with ebay and they said give it 10 days and see what happens, i guess il just have to wait ,im not gonna lose sleep over some ebay shop sending one free £125 bit of pipe when there knocking out loads of them and making a very shiney penny ,an odd one going for free aint gonna put them out of business .

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
there is confusion over what is a link pipe with the ebay shop seller is ,my problem now is should i keep on trying to make them send it for free or do i put my hand in my empty pocket and just pay for it??
honest opinion....looks like a misscommunication that the seller tried to make good by offerring a refund. It's not their fault you mounted and used the slip on despite feeling you didn't get what you thought was being sold. I'd not expect the seller to give you a pipe, they did what was required with the offer of refund for an unused product.

...the flip side is good customer relations would be to offer you a discounted "link pipe" or maybe free shipping, but not flat out free.

IMHO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts