Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about selling my titanium bolt on yosh and getting a full system,is it really worth all the money you spend? Does the akropovic evo 2 give you a huge amount of power?:dontknow:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Do you have a custom maps yet? A map will give you just about as much gain as the EVO (3-5). A evo and map are good for about 10-13 HP over stock.

As for if it's worth it or not, you have analyze how you use your bike. I went from an EvoII to a slip on. I'm not using half of what the bike can do these days. Back in my straight line racing days every shread of HP was needed to get my fat ass down the road.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
silvermonster said:
Thought about selling my titanium bolt on yosh and getting a full system,is it really worth all the money you spend? Does the akropovic evo 2 give you a huge amount of power?:dontknow:
yes its worth it , the best out there i love mine ....think ama :lol:

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
zx-7rking said:
The better question is...can you really use the extra Horsepower...and is it worth the 1K plus price tag??
or look at like this it will make your 04/05 10r have more hp than any current 06 1k plus in the lightest 1k to ever be produced !!!:mrgreen: to me it was worth every penny

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
miykl said:
Do you have a custom maps yet? A map will give you just about as much gain as the EVO (3-5). A evo and map are good for about 10-13 HP over stock.

Back in my straight line racing days every shread of HP was needed to get my fat ass down the road.
f'sho!! :cool:

BD

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I bought it for looks and sound, who cares about power the damn thing already has over 150...

·
Registered
903 Posts
oneradten said:
yes its worth it , the best out there i love mine ....think ama :lol:

Do you have an 04-05 or an 06?

Would love to hear from someone with 06 about the installation as well
Thanks

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
johnjr_FSU said:
Has anyone heard of the Evo II coming out in the in new hex shape? If so do you have reports on how it will perform?
Most likely the same performance. The shape is just for looks and marketing.

·
Registered
477 Posts
"the m212-003 is what i run its as close as u can get without a dyno ....runs good for me "

the key there is that it works good FOR YOU. It may not work real well at all on his. Ifyou're gonna get a full system and spend that sort of money on it, I can't see why you wouldn't have it custom mapped to get the most from it. As good as you think it runs now, it'll be better again with a custom map.

As for the Akra system, yes it will make heaps more power than your Yosh pipe, as will Sato, Arata, Micron Serpent etc. So take a look at them as well. Here's a graph I;ve done with the Arata full for reference.:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have looked for the Db. levels and in the akrapovic page it say's that it is the same loudness.? I am looking for an exhaust that is loud and good performance, what brand do you recommend ? Is akrapovic loud? if so how loud? Also a friend of mine had an akrapovic on he R6, but i never saw it or heard it. he told me if i'm looking for sound to go with yoshi. or if i wanted preformance to go with akra. how about two brothers?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Arata state that the shorty pipe is VERY loud. The new R6 muffler for the 06 model is 105db. That should give you an idea. Sound is about all the Yosh is good for, Akra are good on the ZX10's, but Arata and Sato would be the pick for performance 1st and sound is awesome with the 60mm outlet on the pipe. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts