Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the full system today. Followed the instructions to the letter. Had a slight exhaust leak initially, worked the headers in alittle better & problem gone. 2nd problem. The collector the leads into the muffler is rubbing on the center pivot bolt on the linkage arm for the rear shock. I have tried to work it away from this w/ no luck. Has anyone ran into this problem? If so, any advice would be appeciated!

·
Banned
125 Posts
My Devil Racing Shotguns never leak or rub anything . Never had any problems other than people drooling over them .

·
Registered
516 Posts
zeeX10R said:
Installed the full system today. Followed the instructions to the letter. Had a slight exhaust leak initially, worked the headers in alittle better & problem gone. 2nd problem. The collector the leads into the muffler is rubbing on the center pivot bolt on the linkage arm for the rear shock. I have tried to work it away from this w/ no luck. Has anyone ran into this problem? If so, any advice would be appeciated!
Did mine Saturday, same problems. I pulled the pipe out in the shock area today and it clicked and stayed out. If it was not going to stay out I was going to install a band clamp in that area to keep the pipe from rubbing.
Or you could sell your crap Akra and buy that wonderful Devil system :>)

·
Registered
46 Posts
you might have the exhaust clamp on backwards, turn that badboy around and it should move it away from the bike more. i did this at first and then flipped it around and then it cleared much better. the way it looks like it should go is the wrong way imo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I did. I ended up just about completely reinstalling the entire system today. Same problem. I used the bushings from the mid pipe of the stock exhaust to space the mount off the CF bracket that holds the Akra cannister. This looks to have given me about a 1/2 inch of space which should do the trick. Don't look bad either. Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had a problem with all of this before. Ends up that the carbon fiber bracket they sent with my system was formed wrong pulling the system up and over. I just got the bracket this week after two months of going around with lockhart. I realy love this system but dam for the price it should fit better the first time around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts