Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the bolton's installed. They look and sound great. Louder than I thought they'd be. No baffles I think. You can see all the way through them. I ordered slipon's, but when they showed, they were just cans. I was than told they weren't available.:dontknow: Stealership ordered through LP. $958.00 with tax included. Anyhow, it was an easy install as others have posted. Thanks for your input/ advice.

So, now the next thing. The bike runs like $hit. So I ordered up the PC III. The stealership wants to custom map it. Should I let em? Or should I just use Akra's map for this and install myself? I am certain I can do the install and figure it all out, but I want to do the right thing. I don't care that it's putting out max power. I do however want the bike to run like it did before. the rpm's fluctuate a little, but it runs rough and needs more throttle at the lower speeds. For those that were invloved or installed this themselves, how'd it go? Did you custom map or use Akra's?

Advice/ Comments? Other than the "search function please?"

Thanks,
Tim.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
did ya try doing a 'search'? :heyyou:

Yes you can install the PC and load a base map but at your altitude (like mine) you would be best served to have a custom map done from the base map as a starting point.
Find someone that has a DJ 250i dyno W/tuning link software to do the map otherwise yer pissin in the wind.

BD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

Alt. and base map was a concern. I guess I'll install it and let the dealer run it on their Dyno.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts