Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slightly damaged, dent where the hanger sits but its covered by it so not that noticable, slight scuffs at the end, see pics, msg me your offers . no silly offers .i payed £590 for it

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
You have any better pictures, maybe a little smaller as well?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That dent is rather noticeable; perhaps you could find a way to get it removed and make it appear better cosmetically that way? Just a thought...

I'm no bodywork expert, but many on here have talked about removing rivets (for cutting cans shorter) which might gain better access from the inside to the dented area. Pound it out, and it might be closer to original?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That dent is rather noticeable; perhaps you could find a way to get it removed and make it appear better cosmetically that way? Just a thought...

I'm no bodywork expert, but many on here have talked about removing rivets (for cutting cans shorter) which might gain better access from the inside to the dented area. Pound it out, and it might be closer to original?
hmm shojovic thats a very intresting thought i might give it a go , i did have my eye on a new yoshimura can to see what there like .but that might be a better idea , if i was to "pound it out" then shorten it (like a stubby) would it loose any power doyou think??

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hmm shojovic thats a very intresting thought i might give it a go , i did have my eye on a new yoshimura can to see what there like .but that might be a better idea , if i was to "pound it out" then shorten it (like a stubby) would it loose any power doyou think??
You wont lose anything by shortening it...And it will sound WAAAYYY better.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Does this include the link pipe?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
For what it's worth, I think cutting the can won't affect it too much. Pipe manufacturers 'tune' the dimensions of the can to achieve optimal exhaust removal; i.e. shortening the can by increasing the diameter of the can maintains the same overall 'length' to increase the speed of exhaust flow. If you make the pipe dramatically shorter (or like some members, run no silencer and just use an open pipe) there may be noticeable dips in the powerband that would have to be accepted, or rectified by tuning via PCIII.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts