Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Akra slip-on and when I get on the throttle and I let off, I get a nice big backfire.

I checked to make sure that everything was on tight and no gaps. Does this mean that im running too rich and when i get off the throttle there is unspent fuel going to my exhaust?

Next question. How do I fix it? PC3?

Thanks
:dontknow:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have the same problem with a TBR slip on. I had a PCR USB, but is was fooked and my bike was cutting out. I've heard the PC will fix or help the problem. I hope it doesnt cause any damage, cuz Im not planning on gambling on another PC.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
NWZX10 said:
I have the same problem with a TBR slip on. I had a PCR USB, but is was fooked and my bike was cutting out. I've heard the PC will fix or help the problem. I hope it doesnt cause any damage, cuz Im not planning on gambling on another PC.
I have a muzzy slip-on and bought the PC for the same problem. My PC was Fooked too. Also am not cambling on another one at this time. Mine backfires but only accasionally, so I can live with it for now.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
another thread that has been beaten to death.....the pcIII will take a little out, the air injection block off plate will take out a lot of it, you may still have a pop now and then because of unused gas fumes in the exhaust especially when you open the exhaust up and you changed the resonance of the exhaust waves from changing the pipe...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
On the pc3 you can go to the 0 and 2 percent throttle all the way down the rpm range and add a couple numbers of fuel, (the only time the map is going to be 8000rpm and 0 percent is when you are off the gas. This adds a little fuel on the decel table. Play around with it but be carefull about going negative because it can lead to the exhaust valve heating up.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
madkaw said:
be carefull about going negative because it can lead to the exhaust valve heating up.
I wonder what Ivan would have to say about this. His maps take out a ton of fuel in the 0% and 2% throttle positions. I believe adjusting the secondary butterfly TPS (or whatever it's called) per his TRE install instructions adds fuel though. ???

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Zygoat said:
How about answering my first question...
I think Ivan did just that. Block off plates, TRE, PC, and map. Or just deal will some backfiring. I have the before mention combination with no popping/backfiring.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts