Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my full race pipe in and putting on tommorow. can anyone tell me if the insert to quite it down will affect the performance an how much? haveing tune done this week and i dont have alotta cash to try with an without the insert. akrapovics web site says all dyno results are without it. ref 2008

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I'd leave it out regardless, unless of course you're doing track days where the impliment noise restrictions.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Yes, it will affect the performance. Not sure how much.

Akrapovics aren't a very loud exhaust compared to others.

I once sent a email to Akrapovic asking them how much power did the noise insert cost. I actually got a reply back, but after reading it decided Akra needed someone else answering their emails.

They said it cost about 2-3 HP in the midrange, with no loss on top.

I'm surprised no one has done a back to back dyno run with it. I once asked Ivan back when he was doing 08 development if he would and he said he would but never did.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I once sent a email to Akrapovic asking them how much power did the noise insert cost. I actually got a reply back, but after reading it decided Akra needed someone else answering their emails.

They said it cost about 2-3 HP in the midrange, with no loss on top.

I'm surprised no one has done a back to back dyno run with it. I once asked Ivan back when he was doing 08 development if he would and he said he would but never did.
Being an Akrapovic specific question, I should have noted that the results that I have read about were with different exhausts.

I have a couple mags. with articles that show results.

One is fairly recent and done on a 3rd gen zx10 with a V&H slip on. I believe it showed a 1hp gain over stock without the insert and a 2hp loss compared to stock with the insert in place.

I will have to dig to find the other article. I cannot remember the bike or exhaust used in the test. I do remember it was a full exhaust. Maybe on a 600 though.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Being an Akrapovic specific question, I should have noted that the results that I have read about were with different exhausts.

I have a couple mags. with articles that show results.

One is fairly recent and done on a 3rd gen zx10 with a V&H slip on. I believe it showed a 1hp gain over stock without the insert and a 2hp loss compared to stock with the insert in place.

I will have to dig to find the other article. I cannot remember the bike or exhaust used in the test. I do remember it was a full exhaust. Maybe on a 600 though.
Sport Rider Oct. 2009 pg. 100 The "Tested" section

http://www.sportrider.com/sportbike_product_reviews/146_0910_fmf_racing_apex_exhaust/index.html

I'll find the other article as well. It's older, and I'm not sure what mag. it was in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
388 Posts
Side note - does the Akro system come with an exhaust hanger? I just ordered the same system and was wondering if I need to sort out a separate hanger to get rid of the rear footpeg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts