Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know lots of you guys have seen 9R to 10R's bike and seen the (drool) muffler he's using and mated to an akrapovic full system.

link:http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71179

I love the setup and would love to have it on my bike as well, but my wallet is not as fat as 9R to 10R's.

So im just wondering if any of you guys know what mufflers will fit to the akra full system... i want a new muffler look :)

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no need for drawings...
actually, if the diameter of the pipe at the beginning of the muffler is the same, then it will surely fit with no problem.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
So im just wondering if any of you guys know what mufflers will fit to the akra full system... i want a new muffler look :)
I've had Kerry at AreaP adapt his cans to several other manufacture's midpipes for me. All he needs is the midpipe you'll be attaching to the can to and he'll make it happen. :eek:ccasion1

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info.
Right now i have someone measuring a sato muffler pipe.
(i just hope he replies back)

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I did a little of the homework for you already, the Akra has a 60MM outlet, Sato moto gp canisters will fit they offer a couple of different lengths and cost about 350$. LOR also will get you a canister that will fit, they are consciderably cheaper at around 250$ depending on you sleeve material.

Alos laydybird out of Japan makes a canister that can be sourced,(probably through LexusRS for around 300$) There is a guy that came from the RC51 days that is making sweet moto gp pipes out of carbon, for a real nice price, MRGRN is his name, his website is like carbonworks or something like that, I will try and find it.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Here you go lucky, this is the site for MRGRN, you should really give it a try, and maybe we can get this guy to maks some other carbon bits for us, i have emaild him about a belly pan and never recieved a response.
http://www.carbonpartz.net/id94.html

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
that guy does some nice work man!,.....those pipes look GOOOOD!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
i was thinking the same thing luck
akro pipe is just too long

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
hey luck here is some info from sato

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our MOTO GP style canisters are designed to fit all Sato exhaust systems so they require previous purchase of a Sato full exhaust or slip-on exhaust system. We haven't mounted on stock or aftermarket exhaust systems with our canisters so we do not guarantee that they fit.

If you can measure your tail pipe and if it is either 60.5mm or 54mm you may be able to mount our canisters.

They are meant for Sato Racing exhaust so we do not guarantee for perfect fitting and no return/exchange for non-Sato systems.

If you have Sato full exhaust system for your bike, we do offer MOTO GP style canisters for your system.

PRICE (54mm)
Zero Point 4 450mm US$335.00
Zero Point 4 300mm US$330.00

We have both items in stock right now.

hope this helps

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im wondering this:
If I do get a replacement muffler, then what the hell am i gonna do with my akra can.
my can is less than 2000 miles, practically brand new.
and i dont think anyone would buy just the can :(

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
im in the same boat i have only done 500miles lol

here is some more info for you

PRICE (60mm)
Zero Point 4 450mm US$300.00
Zero Point 4 300mm US$295.00

We have them in stock right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts