Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend i put a Akrapovic link pipe on my 09 zx10r. it already had a vance and hines cs one slip on and the link pipe fit perfectly with it. The sound of the bike is almost ridiculous. my friend said that its one of the best sounding bike he has heard and thats coming from someone who has a gsxr 1000. also it dosent bog down so much now in the lower rpms with it but if anyone is thinking about getting one u definaly should in my opinion. there is pics up in the gallery if anyone is interested.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Wait till you gut the cats,add a better a/f and have it mapped..then come back and tell us all again how you like yer 10...Just dont use k/n air filters..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm getting a power commander 5 soon then I'm sure ill love my bike even more

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with craig_sez and do not recommend the k&n intake filter. I put one on my '08 and it ran noticeably worse. I have heard they are the best flowing filter, but also the most difficult to tune with. Maybe they allow too much air in? All I know is the bike runs way better with the stock filter. I have not tried the BMC yet, however I was told it is very similar to OEM.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Nothing wrong with the K&N filters, you gotta get you're bike tuned after so it runs properly though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
ROFL, common guys, dont believe everything you read, kn street filters do NOT affect performance in a negative way AT ALL, and u dont have to get it retuned, now if your buying a race filter u might need a tune but if ur using it on the street then god bless your autism

·
Registered
755 Posts
ROFL, common guys, dont believe everything you read, kn street filters do NOT affect performance in a negative way AT ALL, and u dont have to get it retuned, now if your buying a race filter u might need a tune but if ur using it on the street then god bless your autism
+1
I have a 09m with stock headers(cats still intact),K&n street a/f, akrapovic link pipe, yoshi r55 slipon and PCV with a custom map and its produced great figures and runs sweet as!! The tuner was even surprised witht he figures for the lack of serious mods..
The k&n filter didnt decrease the power in any way with mine what so ever..
Their is too much shit floatin around on the web about these filters with no back up proof!

·
Registered
874 Posts
K&N is one of, if not, the top aftermarket filter company around. I don't think they would have made it there if their filters hindered performance. The issue with a loss in power was probably the installation of a race filter and no or crappy tune. I put a K&N and slip-on with a PC3 and generic map and it def is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts