Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Included in the link pipe package from akrapovic there were only one gasket to fit between the pipe and the slip on. is it right that there is no gasket between the pipe and the header (down pipes)?
it seems like this because normaly there is no space to fit one in but is it normal?

greets

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes, seems thats the way Akrapovic designed it.

Although there is another way (i did that way): you put stock gasket (that was with stock exhaust) on the link pipe right side, over it and then use stock clamp to compress everything there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've drilled in a 18mm bung for the pv5 autotune, because in the stock downpipes are only 12mm bungs.... :( the 2 stock cats are gutted off. now it's the best way to have exact results for the afr.

question: without doing the gasket thing you've described it can be a leak between downpipe and link pipe? akra normaly have a 1+ solution ...`?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I was thinking about ordering the link pipe to go with my slip-on. I heard when you order the link pipe only, it does not come with the gasket that fits between the link pipe and the slip-on. Can it be ordered from Akra at the time I order the link pipe?

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
I was thinking about ordering the link pipe to go with my slip-on. I heard when you order the link pipe only, it does not come with the gasket that fits between the link pipe and the slip-on. Can it be ordered from Akra at the time I order the link pipe?
You can pull the gasket off the boom box. Mine came off easily.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So I have the autotune but haven't installed yet... here's my issue. I have an M4GP exhaust and I took off the boombox to hook it straight up. Where am I supposed to put the O2 sensor??

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hmm. I know with cars that I've run in the past, you can go to the hardware store and buy a large nut that threads into the O2 sensor. THen drill or burn a hole in the exhaust and have the nut welded on. You could also buy a spark plug non-fouler and cut the end off with the tiny hole, then weld that on also after making a large enough hole in the pipe. O2 sensor will typically go in about the same place as the one was in the boom box. Good luck, and let us know how things go!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Take a look at the setup on the bike and I think you'll see my issue. Mine is the one closest there.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It looks like you're going to need to put a hole in your slip on to install the O2 sensor. Somewhere near the inlet before the silencer portion. Obviously do it on the backside if possible so it's hidden from view.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I've fitted the link-pipe to mine and about to fit one to my missus bike. When you order the link-pipe it comes with the gasket as it is thinner then the OEM.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I realize that's not the one I need. You can see how my slip on is connected in the picture above.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just ordered Autotune for my 08' w/ Racefit. Any suggestions on how I should install sensor? A link pipe will not work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lambda Oxygen Sensor for Autotune and PCV European Modell

As you can see on the picture on my first post in this thread i have installed the lambda sensor from autotune in the linke pipe from akrapovic.
the european modells are equiped with 2 catalytic converters. so the lambda sensor for autotune is installed behind the cat.
Question: does this hav an effect to the AFR messured by autotune?
Additional Info: autotune trim values are up to -33.....with an target AFR from 13.2

·
Registered
133 Posts
As you can see on the picture on my first post in this thread i have installed the lambda sensor from autotune in the linke pipe from akrapovic.
the european modells are equiped with 2 catalytic converters. so the lambda sensor for autotune is installed behind the cat.
Question: does this hav an effect to the AFR messured by autotune?
Additional Info: autotune trim values are up to -33.....with an target AFR from 13.2
guys doesn't know obviously the differences EU norms is too much higher out of modells at USA market... it's +1 lambda sensor at our bikes n other stuff...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.